Beginners Advice Needed: Butts,Flat Tummie, and all things Eating Healthy Diet

Options
I am planning a trip to California at the end of the month and it's time to get my body and dieting off. I figured this is the perfect time because a new month is about to start and 30 day challenges will work out. I'm curvy and just want to tighten up the muscles and be more toned. With this being said how often should I run especially when first starting off? What can I do while running to have that flat stomach? To add on to this the dieting is of course going to be the hard part because I don't partake in muscle powders or anything like that because I don't even know anything about those. Open ears here for some advice!! :)

Replies

• vickyrose94
    vickyrose94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Same name as me! ☺ How much are you looking to lose?
    I suggest start running 3-4 times a week. You aren't going to tone up just from running though. I used to run 1-2 hours a day and I weighed less than I do now but looked about the same weight and a little more flabby since I didn't have any muscle definition. It also depends on your body type.

1lb is roughly 3500 calories so if you ran 35 miles you would burn that. You could add me and message me if you wanted to chat more!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you dont need to take any supplements, and if you want a flat stomach you need to either eat in a deficit and lift weights to lose fat,or eat in maintenance and lift weights(recomp which takes time). either way its most likely going to take more than 30 days,as for running it wont give you a flat stomach. you dont tighten up muscles and you dont tone them,you lose fat over them and get the "toned" look. all of this takes time

you want to lose fat? you have to be in a deficit.you can work out now and hope that you see some results, but it all depends on the shape you are in now and your diet.you can eat the foods you like just less of them.just make sure to get enough protein though while losing weight.

running is good cardio, but if you want muscle a recomp(more than 30 days) or a bulk(also more than 30 days) is what you want to do. you also dont have to run 35 miles, especially if you are new to running. you can lose 1 lb by eating 500 calories less than your TDEE(maintenance) by setting up your MFP to lose 1lb a week.