What do I do if I cannot reach my macronutrients goal for the day?

Options
Today was my first day of counting my macronutrients and I haven't been able to consume as many as I needed. Do I just let it go and start fresh tomorrow or do I try and reach that goal even if it means eating many things at once towards the end of the night?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just finish what's left of your calories (how many are left that would result in eating "many things at once"?) and try again tomorrow.

What did you wind up with for macros? If it just "wasn't perfect" then there's no need to worry about at all. If they were way off, doing some pre-planning may help for tomorrow.

I'm more interested in the calories, though. You still need to eat.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    As long as I get enough protein for the day I am not fussed about my macro goals not being met. On any given day my carbs can be anywhere between 35%-50% and fat can have the same variance. Has not stopped me from losing weight because my calories in is less than my calories out.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eating at night is o.k. but not necessary. You can eat tomorrow.
    The macros are not supposed to be in a perfect balance. Get enough protein and fat most days.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If I get close to protein and I hit my calorie goals, that's the most important. I've never had a "perfect macro day" and I've been here on MFP (maintaining) for 6 years now! B)