RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Welcome toMFP
    Have you read the beginner threads?
  • WorkoutResults21
    WorkoutResults21 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Starting with a plan is very important. Check out what 27 weight loss experts had to say over here: http://www.onesteptoweightloss.com/diets-that-work

Here are the main things they shared:
    • The #1 Weight Loss “Diet” is one YOU can LIVE WITH and SUSTAIN for life. You can often start with a healthy “diet” and than branch of to eating healthier overall.
    • You must learn the difference between knowing when you’re full and stuffed. This can include learning about the proper portion sizes for you personally by simply keeping some kind of journal, whether written or photographed.
    • Increase movement in the form of outside activities or exercise.
    To lose weight, you need to decide to change.The best weight loss diets that work include at least the following guidelines:
    • Focused on eating whole foods.
    • Increases the number of vegetables and fruits you are currently eating.
    • Includes lean proteins, healthy fats, whole grains (complex carbs), legumes, and drinking more water.
    • Reduces or eliminates added sugars and processed foods.
    Hope this helps.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    there are a million ways to lose weight. I started over a year ago. I didnt want to be hungry all the time so at the suggestion of a friend i tried low carb high fat (LCHF) also called keto. Not telling you what to do but suggesting you do some research and look into LCHF/keto too. You can google it. A great website for LCHF is dietdoctor.com there are things there that you can buy...i didnt buy anything. There is a lot of information and recipes etc. I have lost 120 pounds and have done no exercise
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @godsgirl1983 eat less of what you are eating right now. Use a food scale to weight your food, use MFP to track your calories, don't overestimate calories burned through exercise and take weight slow. Simple.