Four hour diet

Options
misskitty666
misskitty666 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2017 in Getting Started
I'm more of a calorie counting girl however my husband's doing the 4-hour with great success. Anyone trying it?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is largely irrelevant for weight loss.
    If people lose weight it's down to calorie restriction.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to count calories to lose weight. You don't have to follow any particular diet to lose weight either. All you have to lose weight, is to eat less than you burn, and do it consistently. But that you have to do, becaus it's the process whereby you lose weight. Any method that makes you consistently eat less than you burn, will make you lose weight, as long as you use it. Narrowing the eating window to just eating once per day or eating two meals four hours apart is a good strategy for a lot of people. Spreading meals and snacks out throughout the whole day works better for others. Any setup inbetween can work just as well. Lots of people "bank" calories for the weekend. 5:2 is also popular. Some can have success on a number of setups. You have to find something that works for you.

Any claims about improving metabolism, fat burning, etc by diet or food choices, should be ignored.
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 4 hour diet, whereby i am following the 5 rules but not necessarily eating every 4 hours as i find i am full most of the time. what i like about it is that i can eat as much as i like and have a cheat day once a week and still lose on average 2 pound a week.. i just hate calorie counting!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was also able to eat for 4 hours without stopping. But long - term it turned out not to be very healthy. Better to listen to MFP... Wonder what our ancestors did a million years ago without watches?