Measuring almond butter - Teaspoon or tablespoon?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Tablespoon
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Do you have a real tablespoon or a food scale?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,984 Member
    edited April 2017
    That's completely inaccurate. And way closer to a tablespoon than a teaspoon. A teaspoon dollop would be close to the size of your thumbnail.

Spring for a $2 set of actual measuring spoons and a food scale.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Neither. Food scale.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Neither. Both are innacurate. I weigh it by placing the jar on the scale, taring, then scooping it out.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I used like 2 or 3 times the spoon as a serving

That would be closer to 2 servings.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,984 Member
    I think mine looks similar to #4 rxcty1cs36rw.png

They're not shown actual size. You have no idea how big that spoon is in reality.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I think mine looks similar to #4 rxcty1cs36rw.png

even if you were to use these,the PB could not be heaped up meaning you would have to level the PB off and it still could be more than you think. measuring spoons are only accurate for liquids.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    There's a Dollar Tree store in the city you live in if your profile is accurate. Most of them carry measuring spoon sets for a dollar. It's not as good or as easy as a food scale, but it might give you a cheap alternative until you get one.

It's hard to eyeball serving sizes online.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,071 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't :( I'll get one though. The spoon is quite small and flat. I always thought it would be 35 calories when I used it

Even if it were a teaspoon, it would more like 65 55 calories than 35 calories. But as others have said, that's clearly more in neighborhood of a tablespoon (unless you have hands the size of a three-year-old's, since the hands are the only thing providing perspective in the pix).

Edited b/c I forgot it was almond butter, not peanut butter.