Eat more!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Eat more food.
  • asantos76
    asantos76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use a ratio of 45/35/20. I am a very active person and I still gain weight using this approach.

I carry a surplus of carbs to sustain throughout the day, just so I don't deplete before the gym, then, in conjunction with that, I employ the intermittent fasting approach.

I start my first meal at 5:00am, every day of the week. I end everyday with a meal at 4:30-5:pm, no question...

My current goal is 210 (just below my college weight) I'm not taking ANY supplements.
    Current BF% @18, (winter) 10% during the summer...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    asantos76 wrote: »
    I use a ratio of 45/35/20. I am a very active person and I still gain weight using this approach.

I carry a surplus of carbs to sustain throughout the day, just so I don't deplete before the gym, then, in conjunction with that, I employ the intermittent fasting approach.

I start my first meal at 5:00am, every day of the week. I end everyday with a meal at 4:30-5:pm, no question...

My current goal is 210 (just below my college weight) I'm not taking ANY supplements.
    Current BF% @18, (winter) 10% during the summer...

Your macro % breakdown has nothing to do with gaining, losing or maintaining. Those numbers can apply to any calorie goal. You need a calorie surplus to gain weight.

Im not sure how what you described is IF... Which is not likely a good recommendation anyway considering the OP is struggling to eat enough calories.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Not to just add the same thing as above, but it is really as simple of consuming more calories until you are gaining at an appropriate rate.