Indian yogurt

I buy this yogurt and the container is 2 lbs and apparently it's 900 grams total.
I don't have a food scale and I think I was eating more than I thought I was. But this yogurt is so addictive.
I thought the container had 3 cups but it had 4! And I would eat like two cups at a time.
By eyeballing it, does this look like it has 4 cups?

Replies

• noorandjenna1
    noorandjenna1 Posts: 41 Member
    k0dsnjthe1zr.jpeg
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited April 2017
    i don't think i get the question. 'it has four cups' because . . . ?

in other words, sounds like you already measured it out into cups and you know it held four. so i'm not sure what the question is then.

[but yeah. i think of yogurt weight and volume as pretty equivalent, so if it said 900g that's close to a litre and i would not be surprised by four cups. if that helps you any.]
  • noorandjenna1
    I didn't measure it, but on the container it says it has 4 cups
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Well one cup of yogourt is about 245 grams, so the container is right. Many times people think they are eating less than they are, and that's why weight loss doesn't happen or is very very slow. This shows the importance of a food scale.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I didn't measure it, but on the container it says it has 4 cups

Then it probably has 4 cups
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,238 Member
    I buy this yogurt and the container is 2 lbs and apparently it's 900 grams total.
    I don't have a food scale and I think I was eating more than I thought I was. But this yogurt is so addictive.
    I thought the container had 3 cups but it had 4! And I would eat like two cups at a time.
    By eyeballing it, does this look like it has 4 cups?

If it is 900g total and you eat 2 cups which is half of the 4 cup total why can't you just scan the barcode and log it as 450 grams??
    Even without a food scale this seems too easy??
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Calorie counting takes some mad math skills.
  • noorandjenna1
    edited April 2017
    On the back, it says one cup is 227 grams. :/
    I asked the company about their labeling and portion size multiple times and they never reply even though it says "Thanks! We will reply soon"
    I'm not overweight or anything, I'm maintaining but
    When I eat two cups, it almost feels like one cup
    The whole milk yogurt has 160 calories per cup, so if I eat 3 cups it's easily almost 500 calories and the whole container has more than 700 calories.
    My calorie goal is only like 1450 and I eat full meals on top of that
    I don't like the yogurt from american grocery stores because it's usually too sour/acidic or too sweetened
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,238 Member
    I still think you are doing this the hard way - forget the cups entirely, if you eat half the container each time just log it as 450 grams.

If it doesn't fit in your calorie goal for the day, eat less of it or eat it less often or eat less of something else to fit it in.
  • noorandjenna1
    Yeah, I try to do that. I just had some confusion on how to log it