Good meals to gain muscle

Options
Hey i am trying to gain muscle and tone up, i am jusr wondering if anyone has some good meal plans to help this?

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Yes lots of chicken and beef. Lean pork too. Just bake it breaded with some vegitables on the side. Boring but healthy.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Toning up to be more defined requires a deficit. Gaining muscle generally requires a surplus.

Pick your goal then eat accordingly
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tuna and water.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Eat enough calories to get into a surplus...
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle and toning up are not typically the same thing. Most of the time gaining muscle will need to be slightly above maintenance in a surplus. Toning usually refers to losing fat to show the muscle you have which requires a deficit. Either way, it is always good to shoot for 1 g/lb of lean body mass per day in either a cut or bulk. Typically keep fats at .3-.4 g/lb of body weight and fill in the rest of your calories with carbs. Obviously you eat a lot more carbs in a bulk than cut.
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    After my workouts I have 8oz of 98% lean ground beef cooked on a George Foreman grill which drips off enough fat to make it approximately 99% lean. It is 240 calories and provides close to 50 grams of protein with less than 2 grams of saturated fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gaining muscle and toning up are not typically the same thing. Most of the time gaining muscle will need to be slightly above maintenance in a surplus. Toning usually refers to losing fat to show the muscle you have which requires a deficit. Either way, it is always good to shoot for 1 g/lb of lean body mass per day in either a cut or bulk. Typically keep fats at .3-.4 g/lb of body weight and fill in the rest of your calories with carbs. Obviously you eat a lot more carbs in a bulk than cut.

Pretty much this. Also, in the below link there are a few links to recipe websites.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • coleRam
    coleRam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would focus on bulking up or toning. It's hard to do both at the same time. When I first started to bulk I added shakes to my diet. I aslo had a diet of 4000 calories a day bc you want a surplus of calories. For shakes this article is pretty good. http://smoothiegains.com/ten-thousand-calorie-smoothies/ there are some good websites that can you can put your current weight it what you want to weigh and it will tell you your caloric intake should be. As for toning you would want to stay at your matiance calories for your body weight. Again those websites that offer a calorie calculator can help too. Just track your meals the best you can. It helped me gain 40lbs in a little over two years. I hope this helps.