Any Orangetheory members out there?

Options
old_me
old_me Posts: 69 Member
I'm looking for Orangetheory Fitness friends. Just started therd 2 months ago and thought it might be a good idea to have some OTF friends here on MFP. Please add me if you wish and let me know you're an OTF friend :smile:

Replies

• RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't do orange therapy exactly, I DO have a similar belt and do small group training that is based on the same idea
  • old_me
    Options
    I've added you :smile:
  • old_me
    Options
    I had flu for a week and since then (3 weeks ago)...my splat points have decreased considerably. I used to achieve 18-20 splat with 500-540 Cal burn. Now: only 5-10 splat with 400-430 Cal burn. For the seasoned OTF members, have you experienced this? I feel like I'm hitting a wall that I can't seem to beat.
  • Annemarie101
    Annemarie101 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    I'm looking for Orangetheory Fitness friends. Just started therd 2 months ago and thought it might be a good idea to have some OTF friends here on MFP. Please add me if you wish and let me know you're an OTF friend :smile:

I love OTF! :smile:
  • brilee1980
    brilee1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started OTF 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it so much! Very addicting!
  • shapsmd
    shapsmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started OTF about a month a go and am loving it as well! Feel free to add me!
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Also an avid OTF member!
  • jyamiolk
    jyamiolk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started going to OTF February of last year. I started with 2 sessions a week and then increased to 3. I was loosing about 1 pound a month for the year. About two months ago I am down to 1 day a week and added weight training. I enjoy the sessions and love the burn.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yes! And I'm a coach!
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am an Orange Theory guy. I kind of like it though not that much experience with it. I think I been 5 or 6 times.
    I am an old guy so the floor exercise is a bit much for me but I like that they got a spin bike. When I get to my limit on floor they let me go back to spin. I usually get 35 or so splat points. I ain't losing weight. Don't think I need to. I need upper body strength and back strengthening. I kind of like it.
  • annav1972
    annav1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined tonight... after my first workout.. Do you add your workout to MFP? All as cardio?
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    annav1972 wrote: »
    I just joined tonight... after my first workout.. Do you add your workout to MFP? All as cardio?

They send me an email that says how many calories I burned. Yes, I put it all as cardio. I am surprised at the heart rates I get doing those floor exercises. Arguably strength but seems pretty cardio to me.
  • recastro
    recastro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for my first OTF class, based on a lot of feedback I found here. Lets see how it goes. Feel free to add me, my diary is open. :D
  • DustyBawls
    DustyBawls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay someone enlighten me on this OFF.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes, 4 years! I live near Ellen's Ultimate in S. Florida, the studio that founded this concept, and have been a member since the beginning. Shaved 10 minutes off my half marathon PR!
  • ttparks11
    ttparks11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I LOVE OTF! I've been going for a little over a year. I now go between 4-5 times a week (with one of those being a 90-minute class on Sunday). Honestly, I am in better shape than I have ever been. And that's after having four children and being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I do have good days and bad, but I mainly love the fact that I'm getting stronger and the calorie burn! For the 55 min classes (listed as an hour), I usually burn anywhere between 600 - 650 calories. The 90 min class, I tend to burn right around 1,000 calories. If it's one thing I have learned it is that you have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Depending on where I start, it can be a pain to get my heart rate up, but I have a higher heart rate in general. Once I get up there, it takes a good minute or more of rest (more, if I'm on the treads) to drop into the low-green. Once I made adjustments to my diet, the weight fell off rather quickly. I started tracking and have lost 30 pounds. I would like to lose about 5 more, but I am trying to be patient with myself and see if I can maintain what I have lost. Besides, with calorie burns like that, I'm hungry a lot :-(. I also wear a Fitbit (been doing that for a couple years at least) and I work to get at least 10K steps everyday. The email results of your calorie burn and heart rate are nice. I don't track while exercising, I just use the data that is provided by OTF.
  • 4n6woman
    4n6woman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just finished up my first week at OTF, and I'm addicted. Love it! Feel free to add me. :)
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I quit OTF after a year. At least at the one I went to it was more like a running club with a little bit of weights mixed in. The instructors were NOT motivating and basically if you couldn't run a 5 minute mile you were crap. I got tired of paying to be treated like I was back in high school so I quit, lost 15 pounds since leaving and never regretted it. Most of the people left are getting injured after running too much and some have come over to the new HIIT place I joined and are seeing better results. The owners also let the equipment get run down and broken. I think the whole 36 hour afterburn is a bunch of crap. Just my opinion and based on my results after I left I feel I have been proven right.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Love otf and added you