Breakfast ideas please!!??

Options
kobolover
kobolover Posts: 16 Member
I am a newbie to eating breakfast and I am just wondering what you all eat to give you good filling healthy start to the day?

TIA

Replies

• Leighwixo
    Leighwixo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In the summer, I have a staple of a smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup fresh spinach, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 green apple, 1/2 frozen banana and 1/2 cup frozen mangos (blend spinach and milk and then the apple and banana and then add the rest)

In the winter my staple is: 1/2 small baked sweet potato mixed with 2 eggs, cinnamon and salt. Make it like a pancake.

Otherwise my go-to is 1 egg with an additional white, fried and put on 1 piece of bread (sometimes with cheese, other times with jelly) (If I have a piece of bacon, that's a bonus)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • duckquacky
    duckquacky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is prep day for me: I made scrambled eggs/egg whites, threw in leftover onions and mushrooms, a little bit of chopped ham, and divided it between small canning jars so I can eat it on the way to work in the morning. If I'm tired of eggs, I have a fruit and a greek yogurt. But I find if I eat anything other than eggs, I'm hungry too soon afterwards.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My pre-gym breakfast is a toaster waffle with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Keeps me going for hours.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, Canadian bacon and cheese (on sandwich bread or mcmuffin),
    Greek yogurt with granola
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    During the week, my go-to is greek yogurt, or refrigerator oatmeal. Sometimes I have a boiled egg. On the weekends I'll sometimes splurge and have a fried egg with cheese and either salsa or avocado spread on toast.
  • GrandOccultistt
    GrandOccultistt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep it really simple. Rolled Oats (oatmeal in USA?) microwaved with water and toss in 100g of frozen mixed berries.

Another option I do if I have the time is premake omelette Cups. A few egg whites and whole eggs, light ham, low fat cottage cheese, mushroom, tomato, baby spinach, onion, pepper all mixed up in a bowl and put into a muffin tin, baked in the oven for 30-40mins and then put in the fridge once cool . These make a delicious easy to prep and eat breakfast. I would typically heat them and have it on a slice of dry whole grain toast, cut in half and put into a wrap. Generally with the majority of egg whites the portion is two cups which is fairly filling. I have also put brocolli and cauliflower in them before
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    kobolover wrote: »
    I am a newbie to eating breakfast and I am just wondering what you all eat to give you good filling healthy start to the day?

TIA

1 Bowl of cereal with milk and sometimes yogurt
    1 Hard boiled egg
    2 Slices of toast with butter or margarine
    1 Cup of tea with milk and no sugar

Cereal varies - Corn Flakes, Weetabix, Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Honey Bunches of Oats, Special K, Shredded Wheat, etc.
    Sometimes a slice of ham or cheese instead of the egg
    Alternative spreads for toast are jam, jelly, marmalade, honey, cream cheese, peanut butter, etc.
    Coffee can be used instead of tea.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats is my thing. I make up 4 servings at a time and just grab a container every morning. Tomorrow's is pina colada (a bit of coconut milk for flavour and pineapple tidbits on top). Last week was chocolate with peanut butter. I sometimes eat at home and sometimes eat it at work. Around 200 calories, depending on mix-ins.

This is the one I use: http://wholefully.com/2016/03/07/8-classic-overnight-oats-recipes-you-should-try/?m
    It's more like a pudding than an oatmeal. Just ignore the "cold, uncooked oats" aspect. It's like dessert. I sweeten with stevia drops.

• hannahhenryhaas
    hannahhenryhaas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm super boring. I have eaten an English muffin with peanut butter and a glass of milk every day for years.
  • nanpfeffer
    nanpfeffer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a fried egg on lite whole grain toast with a tsp of real butter and fresh fruit. Oatmeal with raisins walnuts and fat free half and half. Greek yogurt with Half cup of blueberries and 1/3 cup granola and a sprinkle of slivered almonds