One picture

Options
It's so ridiculous and ludacris that one picture can take all the hard work and change away from you-if u let it! I have dropped 30lbs since Christmas and 20lbs of it from MyFitnessPal.com. I have been really feeling myself and happy and proud and then I took a picture of myself at the gym and all of a sudden I wasn't feeling myself. I wasn't happy or proud. The pic was for a dating website. And I really had to nuture my self confidence n self respect because that picture isn't about someone liking me at 200lbs. It's about me being badazz and proud of not being 230 lbs and feeling better than I have in 3 years!!!!! It's a struggle, but I'm not gonna let a dating site take that away from me! I worked too damn hard and I'm fly as hell!!!

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You've lost 30 pounds and that's definitely something to be very proud of!!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of things. I've never had a good picture pre, during or post workout. People that look amazing while working out are a mystery for me. It's hard seeing that your effort is not showing on a photo but think of all the other victories and the health benefits from those 30 pounds that you no longer have. You have a lot to be proud of, and while that picture makes you feel bad now, in the future it will be a memento of this journey! You can do this, we can do this!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    30 pounds is fantastic. Sometimes I look around the store I'm in and see people heavier than me and use that to remind myself of either where I came from or where I don't want to end up. Because any one of us could be morbidly obese with just a little extra food over a few years. You're doing great!! Way to fight to take back your health and your body