Bodybuilding vegan/vegetarian friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• skyrider8737
    skyrider8737 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 16 year old vegan, feel free to add me! Ive been working on becoming a bodybuilder for a while now but I am having my ups and downs. I just really want to compete in physique shows and I think it would be really cool to compete in the crossfit games someday.
  • wil_driver
    wil_driver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @ellendalgarno Hey thanks. I do a lot of that, but I'm missing the nuts/beans. I'll add them in.

@bmitchelmfp Thank you. I've never been too strict on carbs. Just one rule "Eat healthy. Eat as much as you want. But always burn at least as much as you eat. "

Thanks again. Very helpful.
  • karl010203
    karl010203 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all - interesting thread, please excuse the ignorance but I would like to reduce meat and diary - - but struggle with getting protein without whey, cottage cheese and meat... how do I get started replacing some of these -- think it is potentially a lot healthier... any thoughts on getting started welcomed... thanks :smiley:
  • RebeccaChristineG
    RebeccaChristineG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! 34 year old who is doing my best to live a vegan/healthy lifestyle. Into weight lifting and also on a mission to lose weight and build muscle. Just trying to surround myself with others living the same lifestyle to offer support, encouragement and maybe share recipes and health related info. I'm very new to this app but glad I found this community. Best Wishes to all on your journey of health and healing...
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes to this thread
    26 year old vegan lifter from the UK
  • marlenaferguson
    marlenaferguson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wil_driver wrote: »
    I just completed the nice to Vegitarian, and am working toward Vegan. I need more protien. I'm up to 50-65g per day. 40 from Vega shakes, 10-25 throughout the day. I'm looking to reach 100-ish grams.
    Any ideas?

Beans are your friend! They're a great way to add protein. Brown rice is also really filling and higher in protein than lots of other grains.
    I eat A LOT of greens, which somewhat helps the fat to protein ratio (not demonizing fat here- it's a vital nutrient, it's just hard to balance with the other macros). Peanut butter is great if again, you have fat macros to spare.
    Soy mince (like the one from Holland and Barrett) is 50% protein when dry, so 25% wet with lots of fibre and very little fat.
    I average about 80-100 grams of protein at the moment- normally it's more but as its summer I just can't stop eating fresh veg and I get too full for things like veggie burgers or black beans .
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    wil_driver wrote: »
    @ellendalgarno Hey thanks. I do a lot of that, but I'm missing the nuts/beans. I'll add them in.

@bmitchelmfp Thank you. I've never been too strict on carbs. Just one rule "Eat healthy. Eat as much as you want. But always burn at least as much as you eat. "

Thanks again. Very helpful.
    Lentils, tofu, soya milk, peas, beans, Linda McCartney frozen goods, houmous, spirulina powder, vegan Quorn (not all Quorn is vegan, but some-- the packets emblazoned Vegan, to be specific-- is).

• hiijinx
    hiijinx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    28 male veggie, occasional lifter here.

One of my fav high protein meals is Beans on toast with various Seitan steaks/burgers or Tempeh. Add some avacado/PB, seeds, egg/cheese (for non vegans) and various condiments and can be a nice 1000 + cal meal.
  • circularsmiles
    circularsmiles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a 31 yr old vegan strength trainer that's lost over 100lb.s! Always looking to add more motivating (veg/an especially) friends!!
  • babybluekai
    babybluekai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    26, vegan for 5 year vegetarian for like 10, recently started living, I do yoga and cardio regularly forever though. My meals are usually a Bean, Grain, and Green. =) I love to see other veggies on here =)
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    /waves; vegan/vegetarian for over ten years. I run regularly -- training for a half marathon, but I am also trying to build, particularly my core and arms.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm an ethical vegan. I'm not currently lifting weights, but I do lift myself into and out of precarious positions.