Fitness over 30

Options
So it's no secret it gets harder once you hit the big 3-0, priorities change. How do you fit in the gym vs work vs life vs prep. Share your tips right here!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Hold out until 50s/60s? For sure, it gets easier again, if you don't give up.

Seriously, I think it matters what your lifestyle is, and what you see as the obstacles/conflicts. I'm betting you'd see better ideas if you told us whether the challenges for you focus on career, small children, aging parents, sedentary friends, continuing education, and/or . . . ?
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    gots to get up early
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you just make a way.. I'm married with 4 children and I work outside of the home... still get my fitness on Every day, no matter what. It takes a bit of juggling and assigning time slots for hubby and older brother to watch kids some days - when the littles aren't going with me or I'm not working out at home, or they aren't still at school... juggle, juggle, plan, plan... make it work.... no matter what.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It's a priority, and mine are as follows.
    1: work
    2: diet
    3: training
    4: recovery
    5: everything else
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Jpefitness wrote: »
    So it's no secret it gets harder once you hit the big 3-0, priorities change. How do you fit in the gym vs work vs life vs prep. Share your tips right here!

:huh:

Do they? You choose what your priorities are...
  • msfitmj15
    msfitmj15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If its a priority in your life you will make time. Sacrifice a tv programme/social media for a workout theres got to be at least an hour a day of one of those that can be cut.
  • gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    msfitmj15 wrote: »
    If its a priority in your life you will make time. Sacrifice a tv programme/social media for a workout theres got to be at least an hour a day of one of those that can be cut.

Very true.

How bad do you want it? If you want it bad enough...you will find the time. As for the big 3-0??!! LMAO...just wait