where to find protein powder samples

Options
Hi ladies and lads,

I'm a new transplant to California and I'm getting close to the bottom of my barrel of protein powder. I'm usually a strawberry girl but would like to branch out a little, However, I don't want to buy a couple of pounds worth only to discover that I hate it!

So basically it comes down to where can I find samples to try the various flavours?!?

Thanks!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    GNC has single serve packets of Quest. I like the Salted Caramel and the Banana.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Body Nutrition sells samples of their Trutein flavors (one of my favorite protein powders). I believe they're $1.99/package, IIRC.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Body Nutrition sells samples of their Trutein flavors (one of my favorite protein powders). I believe they're $1.99/package, IIRC.

Ooh, I didn't know that. Trutein's my other fav, especially the Pumpkin Pie. Makes amazing protein pancakes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Ooh, I didn't know that. Trutein's my other fav, especially the Pumpkin Pie. Makes amazing protein pancakes.

https://www.bodynutrition.com/samples/
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I bought a ton on bodybuilding.com
  • Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy
    Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

@AnvilHead
    thank you for sharing this - I didn't know you could buy individual samples. I am going to try a few different ones and see what I like best.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and lads,

I'm a new transplant to California and I'm getting close to the bottom of my barrel of protein powder. I'm usually a strawberry girl but would like to branch out a little, However, I don't want to buy a couple of pounds worth only to discover that I hate it!

So basically it comes down to where can I find samples to try the various flavours?!?

Thanks!

I don't what is available in smaller sizes, but bodybuilding.com has some good reviews of the flavors of various powders. (and a large selection).

I think Hammer Nutrition has smaller sizes available.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you have a Complete Nutrition store near you, check with them. I think the one located near me is a franchise, so results may vary, but they offer free samples of all the flavors they carry.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I swap flavours with friends. Every time some one gets a new flavour or brand we give each other a scoop to try.

Edit to add- A friend gave me a try of Bootea vanilla shake a few days ago, most vile protein I've ever tried and I thought Nuturya hemp couldn't be topped on that front.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Oddly the 7-11 near me had single servings of a bunch of protein powders
  • mhussain790
    mhussain790 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GNC has some samples from time to time. Vitamin Shop might but it's been awhile since the last time I've been there.

If you want to try a new whey protein then I recommend MTS Machine Whey. I've been mainly using double rich chocolate Optimum Whey for the past few years, but taste-wise MTS is my favorite.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I contacted Quest by email and asked for samples...they sent some.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    GNC and sprouts market
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    GNC has single serve packets of Quest. I like the Salted Caramel and the Banana.

salted caramel is the bomb, i mix oz of pineapple, 1 banana, and almond cal. milk and handful of greens. freeze till time to eat. heaven...
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and lads,

Thanks!

Vitamin Shoppe will let you try some.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    3 oz pineapple.10 oz of almond milk