I want to gain weight !

Options
I eat and eat but don't gain anything I tend to reach or come close to my calorie intake but I cant seem to gain any weight . I eat til im full and even wait a little and eat more . I have a high metabolism any suggestions on how to slow it down or what foods are real good at help gaining ♥

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? What is your exercise routine? How active are you during the day?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    weight? height? age? how many calories r u eating? r u tracking it? do u exercise? why do u want to gain weight? did u ask the doctor why u cant gain weight? do u know if ur digestive track is healthy enough to absorb what u eat?

post the above stats if u like more feedback

PS judging from ur pic, i cant see why u want to gain weight but do tell :D
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE, track calories and eat in a surplus
  • wanger21
    wanger21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I tried forever consuming 3000 calories a day and couldn't get past 160 lbs. I switched to a different meal template and macro mix and was able to get up to about 180.

Asides from the opinion on whether or not you need to gain weight, the guy above is right. You need to provide some numbers for your current weight and calorie goal, how closely you're measuring your intake, your current exercise regimen and your goals (e.g. be stronger, be healthier, want a bigger *kitten*, etc.) to get meaningful advice.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    beanz744 wrote: »
    weight? height? age? how many calories r u eating? r u tracking it? do u exercise? why do u want to gain weight? did u ask the doctor why u cant gain weight? do u know if ur digestive track is healthy enough to absorb what u eat?

How can you tell by OP's photo. People bulk for many reasons, not just those who are/look underweight. Just sayin!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Just like every other person on the planet you need to be in a surplus to gain weight.

If you aren't gaining then increase intake and or decrease expenditure until a point where you are gaining at your desired rate.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    are you accurately tracking your intake and using a food scale?

if you are not gaining then you are not in a calorie surplus.

add in a serving of ice cream every night = extra 250 calories per day
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    beanz744 wrote: »

How can you tell by OP's photo. People bulk for many reasons, not just those who are/look underweight. Just sayin!

u r right. i cant tell. hence i asked for the stats n reasons