Tips on gaining weight back

Options
Left picture is before. Right picture is current. I've lost a total of 40 lbs. Ive lost most of my back fat. After having 2 kids my stomach isn't toning the way I anticipated. I believe I have too much excess skin. However, I didn't want to lose so much weight in my butt and legs I just wanted to tone and gain muscle. Although I've worked so hard to try to get back on n shape my fiancée hates my body now because I've lost much of my butt. Does anyone have any diet/ work out tips to help me gain in my butt and legs again without gaining too much back to my middle? 0rbrcm8w8rgf.jpg
spxqbnlf2eqs.jpg

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you want to gain on your butt and legs you will need to eat a calorie surplus and follow a weight training programme. You can't control where the weight goes so you will gain it on your stomach too if that's where you tend to gain.
    Have a look at the sticky at the top of this page : what's the best lifting programme for you (I can't copy links on my phone)
    (And maybe think about whether you want to stay with someone who " hates your body "? Just a thought )

Edited to add : congratulations on losing the weight. For what it's worth I think you look great; I know that's not the point but just wanted to tell you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You honestly didnt lose that much in your butt. But if you want a bigger butt, you may have to gain more fat which will affect your stomach and arms. Considering all things, if you want to be more toned, you probably have to lose more fat. If you do this while following a good progressive overload lifting program like strong curves you will improve your compistion, especially around your butt area.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Your fiance 'hates' your body? Did he actually say that?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I think you look incredible
    I always feel chubby or skinny, no in between. I'm jealous!
    In both photos you have curves and shape, you're just larger in the top one
    I struggle just to have a butt like your second photo (because the top photo is simply unattainable for me!)

My point is that it's all perspective. But I do second what's been stated above. You can't control where weight is gained, but you can lift and try to create some muscle mass in the butt and thighs.

If you're fiancé really said he hates your body, though..... I would advise you to look in the mirror (you're gorgeous), and then tell the fiancé to *kitten* off
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I would say that looking good for your partner is a valid concern and something that I understand and respect. However, when a partner wants you to be at a weight that is not healthy for you (either overweight or underweigh), health should come first imho. And what looks good to you within a healthy range should also be important.
  • Casey_3350
    Casey_3350 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think u look great but I don't see no ring!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Strong curves or get glutes?
  • rgnmpp
    rgnmpp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amdecaro1 wrote: »
    Left picture is before. Right picture is current. I've lost a total of 40 lbs. Ive lost most of my back fat. After having 2 kids my stomach isn't toning the way I anticipated. I believe I have too much excess skin. However, I didn't want to lose so much weight in my butt and legs I just wanted to tone and gain muscle. Although I've worked so hard to try to get back on n shape my fiancée hates my body now because I've lost much of my butt. Does anyone have any diet/ work out tips to help me gain in my butt and legs again without gaining too much back to my middle? 0rbrcm8w8rgf.jpg
    spxqbnlf2eqs.jpg

Babygirl you look gooood in both pics. YOUR body is for YOU!! PLEASE don't put YOUR vision of value, worth, OR beauty in SOMEONE ELSE'S HANDS!! THAT'S a recipe for DISASTER!! Your BEAUTIFUL regardless of what that dude is telling you. Please excuse my non filtering but HE sounds like a looser who you should have NOTHING to do w/and sounds like your MISERABLE w/him. He sounds controlling and like he's so insecure of YOUR beauty, he's trying to make YOU feel less than. Girl leave that guy alone, get the body YOU WANT FOR , and in the meantime be w/a REAL man who will love, appreciate, and be proud to have you on his arm @ ANY SIZE!! I know this blog page isn't about this type stuff but i CANT STAND PEOPLE who try to put other people down because of THEIR OWN insecurities, male OR female. THAT'S NOT LOVE!! And last but not least, i can almost guarantee his *kitten* aint no specimen his damn self, smh...i cant. Girl PLEASE START LOVING YOURSELF!! Those babies depend on you too. Be the example they need to be!! XO