Size+strength+weight gain

Options
Been training for 2 years, started at 220 cut down to about 165 and now am at 172 and have been stuck at 172 for about a year. For this year I was on a surplus of about 300 for 4 months and than maintenance since summer was coming up. I notice size gains in my chest, back, arms, legs, and even some visible abs in the morning. Also I have gotten much stronger for example adding about 60 pounds to my bench and 40 pounds to my ohp over this year. Why hasn't my Weight gone up at all? And I know I could be burning some fat still but I don't do excessive cardio and I don't think I've lost that much fat since last year.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like recomposition. If you are young and you've only lifted for the two years recomposition would be a bit easier for you. You can recomp without that being your goal.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Been training for 2 years, started at 220 cut down to about 165 and now am at 172 and have been stuck at 172 for about a year. For this year I was on a surplus of about 300 for 4 months and than maintenance since summer was coming up. I notice size gains in my chest, back, arms, legs, and even some visible abs in the morning. Also I have gotten much stronger for example adding about 60 pounds to my bench and 40 pounds to my ohp over this year. Why hasn't my Weight gone up at all? And I know I could be burning some fat still but I don't do excessive cardio and I don't think I've lost that much fat since last year.
    Simple, you need to eat another 300 calories on top of what you are already eating because you are at maintenance.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Adding 60 lbs to your bench in a year is impressive. You are making progress!