Lunch ideas for work.

Options
shoppingdiva2011
shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
I have been taking pb&j to work almost every day with chips to work. I need ideas for my work lunches, snacks and dinner. Thx.

Replies

• XshakyX
    XshakyX Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I agree turkey burgers with dry ranch & worchershire sauce & steamed veggies or tuna with grilled chicken breast cut up with it, add boiled egg. season to desire. I use pepper olive oil mayo.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I usually have tuna, salmon, or chicken with either quinoa or a sweet potato and a veg of some kind and berries or cherries for desert.
  • kcdc0401
    kcdc0401 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For quick and easy - deboned rotisserie chicken with TBSP of jalapeno Italian salad olive mix -May or may not use bread or a taco boat & lite cheese string cheese.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Grilled or shredded chicken or pork over rice and black beans. Grilled peppers and onions if you'd like. Salsa, cheese, guacamole, sour cream as possible garnishes.

Taco salad. Salmon patties on salad. Tuna or chicken salad on greens. Salad topped with egg and deli meat. (so many salad not-boring options!)

Soup, crackers, and raw veggies or fruit.

Breakfast for lunch: oatmeal and fruit, hard boiled egg on toast, a freezer breakfast sandwich or burrito (lots of meal prep recipes for these)

Switch up your sandwiches: roast beef and cheddar, ham and swiss, turkey and hummus, hummus or cream cheese and veggie. These can also be wraps.

Grilled chicken and broccoli drizzled with General Tso's or teriyaki

Beef or turkey meatballs with marinara and spinach on a high fiber English muffin

THESE are great ideas! :)
  • Msfenae
    Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tuna made with eggs and granny Smith apples are delicious ...It tastes great with crackers or bread.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash. Roasted sweet potatoes, sauted kale amd black beans. Add whatever spices/oil you want.
    Buddha bowl (grain + fresh veggies + protein + whatever else you want to add. Lots of combinations you could make.
  • jessirabbit2015
    jessirabbit2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been taking pb&j to work almost every day with chips to work. I need ideas for my work lunches, snacks and dinner. Thx.

love doing a meat with lots of veggies..for instance...Yesterday and Im having baked sweet&spicy salmon with zucchini&squash mix. I also love to make shrimp fajita bowls using shrimp, frozen bell pepper&onion mix, & brown rice or quinoa. I do eat lot of shrimp bc its cooks fast, just make sure its peeled & devained withoit the tails.
  • jessirabbit2015
    jessirabbit2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also...try using the Pinterest app if your stuck. That app has any and everything u can think of lol. I love using it to look up new recipes to try when Im wanting something new. U dnt have to download it either...u can also just go on the site. Just go onto the site(or app) and search wht u want for example; LOW CARB LUNCH IDEAS WORK....1000s of pins(thts wht the results are called lol) will show up. Good luck
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I keep simple and easy since I pack everything the night before and don't have easy access to a microwave. I eat a sandwich (different filling every day), pickles, raw veggies, or veggie chips.

Snacks - greek yogurt, cheese stick, fruit, tuna packet, veggies, or a protein shake. I always try to have a decent amount of protein for every snack.
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm old fashioned, I like my salads. Lately it's been salad greens, black olives, toms, zucs, chick peas, and either 2 hard boiled eggs or 4oz chicken.
    I have also done turkey chili, Kraft makes a great fat free cheddar that actually melts.
    Greek quinoa salad, lemon chicken soup with spaghetti squash in place of the orzo, two eggs with celery and humus on the side, turkey, quinoa, and spinach meatballs with a side of fruit, whole wheat pasta salad loaded with veggies and beans for protein.
    Good luck and have fun finding a new favorite lunch.
  • alexmcastelli
    alexmcastelli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Grilled or shredded chicken or pork over rice and black beans. Grilled peppers and onions if you'd like. Salsa, cheese, guacamole, sour cream as possible garnishes.

Taco salad. Salmon patties on salad. Tuna or chicken salad on greens. Salad topped with egg and deli meat. (so many salad not-boring options!)

Soup, crackers, and raw veggies or fruit.

Breakfast for lunch: oatmeal and fruit, hard boiled egg on toast, a freezer breakfast sandwich or burrito (lots of meal prep recipes for these)

Switch up your sandwiches: roast beef and cheddar, ham and swiss, turkey and hummus, hummus or cream cheese and veggie. These can also be wraps.

Grilled chicken and broccoli drizzled with General Tso's or teriyaki

Beef or turkey meatballs with marinara and spinach on a high fiber English muffin

Those are great ideas! I will do the deli meat on a salad for something really quick. Do you have a turkey meatball recipe you can share? Do you ever do your sandwiches in a lettuce wrap to avoid the bread?