I lost 20 pounds on the ketosis diet

Options
mrsdumbuya100
mrsdumbuya100 Posts: 61 Member
*Please comment if you are positive or have a
great ketosis story to share*

I started the ketosis diet 6 weeks ago and I lost 20 pounds. The ketosis flu only lasted 3 days and I never had it again. Ketosis is not for everyone but it is good for people with certain goals, health conditions or carb sensitivities etc. Once I learned recipes I was able to eat almost everything except fries by substituting ingredient. I enjoy the ketosis diet because the recipe are flavorful and satisfying especially when you are able to use seasonings, herbs, spices and fats to flavor your food. If anyone is interested I will share my experience. I am not a doctor and this diet is not for everyone. Some people may consider it restrictive but I do not. I think the good out weighs the bad. I have tons of energy and I'm seeing the results I love. Other people may think 20 pounds in 6 weeks is too fast of a weight loss but it is perfectly normal for ketosis!
I would appreciate any positive experiences you had on ketosis and any awesome tips. I will be in ketosis for another 6 weeks and I will increase my carbs under the care of a doctor

Replies

• eternalone88
    eternalone88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! What recipes did you use? I'm looking to start the Keto diet soon here but there's just so much information out there.
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *Please comment if you are positive or have a
    great ketosis story to share*

I started the ketosis diet 6 weeks ago and I lost 20 pounds. The ketosis flu only lasted 3 days and I never had it again. Ketosis is not for everyone but it is good for people with certain goals, health conditions or carb sensitivities etc. Once I learned recipes I was able to eat almost everything except fries by substituting ingredient. I enjoy the ketosis diet because the recipe are flavorful and satisfying especially when you are able to use seasonings, herbs, spices and fats to flavor your food. If anyone is interested I will share my experience. I am not a doctor and this diet is not for everyone. Some people may consider it restrictive but I do not. I think the good out weighs the bad. I have tons of energy and I'm seeing the results I love. Other people may think 20 pounds in 6 weeks is too fast of a weight loss but it is perfectly normal for ketosis!
    I would appreciate any positive experiences you had on ketosis and any awesome tips. I will be in ketosis for another 6 weeks and I will increase my carbs under the care of a doctor

I have found baked parsnip to be a great fry substitute. Not sure if it's too high for keto but I follow LCHF and do parsnip to replace potato
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way into it because I have no gallbladder so a sudden increase in fat is not a great idea. but recipes would be awesome.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! Keto can definitely do great work for some people. Have you joined the group "Low Carber Daily Forum"? I'd link, but I'm on my phone =p
    Again, congratulations ^.^
  • rabiahbaloch8508
    rabiahbaloch8508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20lbs on keto also, but I then moved to iifym and lost an additional 60. Glad you like it
    I lost about 20lbs on keto also, but I then moved to iifym and lost an additional 60. Glad you like it

What is iifym?
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options

What is iifym?

'if it fits your macros' i.e. eat whatever you want, don't think about 'clean' eating, just pay attention to whether you're hitting your carbs/protein/fats for the day (by extension, you will stay within your calorie goals bc macros make up your calories to varying degrees).
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My weight had not moved in months so i tried keto, i lost 5 lbs in a week without changing my workouts or much change to my meals except for more fats and less carbs. Love the woe and i cant wait to see what happens in the next few months.
  • Marjanrunner
    Marjanrunner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow Awsome work Congrats! :) I'm very interested to use Keto lost weight could you please guid me the information and how can I sign up ? Thanks
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great going. I've just started low carb today. So anyone who wants to share recipes would be great. Also what weight were people who lost the 20lb etc x
  • gfunk1134
    gfunk1134 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been on Keto now for over two years. Lost over 75 pounds (gained some muscle so the scale only shows around 72) in the first year. Cholesterol is down (HDL is up!) even with all the fat i eat. Absolutely love the way I eat and never going back to carbs.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I know about ketosis....so is the keto diet simply low carb to get you into ketosis? Or are there other dietary changes you're making as well?

Congrats on your loss! Do what works for you as long as it's healthy!
  • jennex73
    jennex73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting now and my keto orange is on the way. Would love to hear more
  • mrsdumbuya100
    Options
    Awesome!! What recipes did you use? I'm looking to start the Keto diet soon here but there's just so much information out there.

I used some recipes from you tube and online
  • mrsdumbuya100
    Options
    jennex73 wrote: »
    Starting now and my keto orange is on the way. Would love to hear more

Yes
  • mrsdumbuya100
    Options
    I know about ketosis....so is the keto diet simply low carb to get you into ketosis? Or are there other dietary changes you're making as well?

Congrats on your loss! Do what works for you as long as it's healthy!

I am excercising
  • mrsdumbuya100
    Options
    gfunk1134 wrote: »
    Congrats! I've been on Keto now for over two years. Lost over 75 pounds (gained some muscle so the scale only shows around 72) in the first year. Cholesterol is down (HDL is up!) even with all the fat i eat. Absolutely love the way I eat and never going back to carbs.

Thats great! Do u have refeed days?
  • mrsdumbuya100
    Options
    Carlala2 wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! I'm on my 7th week of eating keto and am half a pound away from reaching 20 pounds down. So we have had similar results. :smile: I still have a long way to go though.

Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!