HELP

Options
Going to a baby shower just started maintenance struggling but doing really good haven't had processed sugar i generally eat very clean I'm not sure what to do any tips or tricks for going out to lunch where you don't have a choice

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the cheese and fruit at functions like that. I hate frosting so I'll turn down cakes and whatnot.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop struggling by removing the guilt and paranoia and airing out the myths. Processed sugar is made from plants and is identical to the sugar in fruit. Clean eating can mean anything and thus means nothing. It just adds to the confusion, and confusion contributes to stress. Stress will make you want to eat more, and to seek out easily available calories. Don't attach morality to food. You won't eat too much if you let yourself eat, freely, for pleasure and to nourish your body. When it comes to food, you always have a choice. If there are no options you find satisfactory, you can choose to not eat at the party and wait until you get home.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You have to remove the mantra about processed sugars.. Its your choice to do this eating clean and removing processed sugars from your diet. Clean eating means 10 different things to 10 different people and sugar is sugar.

You can decide remove guilt and shame you have centered around food and enjoy the shower. This will not be the first shower or event you attend, and it will not be the last..

If you must stick to your diet, eat before or after, and/or only choose the foods there if they fit into your diet. Have fun and enjoy and its only lunch.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Eat a good meal of your own before you go, then limit your snacking to fruits and veg. Have something fizzy to fill you up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy the moment and be happy
    Let it motivate you the next few days after

This! ^

Eat what you want and say 'No thank you' to what you don't. Enjoy yourself.