Down 67 pounds

Options
kstephenson40
kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
In 2012 I began logging my meals and lost 55 pounds in about four months. Then I stopped logging my meals and gained back most of. I tried to lose it on and off but couldn't make the mental commitment. It was a continued cycle. I started logging again on January 1 2017. This time I committed myself to getting off my diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure meds through eating right. No excuses. Not a diet. Five months later I have lost 32 pounds and for a total of 67 pounds and my blood sugar and A1C are normal. My cholesterol and triglycerides are great and my blood pressure is excellent. I did it all through limiting my food intake, eating healthy so I wasn't hungry and logging it all on MFP. I have more to go, but I wanted to share my success so far. I hope I can encourage or motivate at least one person. It is worth it. Keep going. It's not a race. :)

Replies

• kstephenson40
    Options
    Good for you! Mine is also slow but I'm good with it. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
  • billsrule2015
    billsrule2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did you do any exercise this time to lose the weight?
  • kstephenson40
    Options
    Hi. I did not. I am not saying you should or shouldn't. For me, calorie deficit from food intake is more successful than from exercise. Plus, my blood sugars spiked and stayed high when I worked out, which was the opposite effect I was looking for. I do enjoy a brisk walk, but that is the extent of it.
  • SairyGamp
    SairyGamp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - very motivational. I'm at the start of a journey to lose c.60lbs - great to hear these success stories and, in particular, the impact on your health.
  • likenbooks
    likenbooks Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Always looking for motivation therefore thank you for sharing this.
  • GGblakey
    GGblakey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing....very inspiring. You're doing great.
  • kstephenson40
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Nursie863
    Nursie863 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up.
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, so impressive!!
  • mariamarasco
    mariamarasco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • skinnymeenae
    skinnymeenae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story! Great to see so many succeed who started in January 2017! Makes me wish I had started then as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!