Trying to loose that baby weight!!

Options
Yeah so just looking for any good tips to loosing the stubborn baby weight..
I was a size 8 round about 7 st now I'm 8st 8lb & have a holiday booked for my 30th in September, so really want to be back to my post baby body or at least something similar. Any tips or good exercises would be great..

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    How old is baby? Are you breastfeeding?

If baby is less than six weeks old, it's strongly recommended to not do anything more physically strenuous than going for a walk as your body needs time to heal.

If breastfeeding, same timeframe recommendation and you require 300-600 extra calories daily to feed baby. Technically breastfeeding woman can eat at maintenance and still be in a deficit enough for fat loss. Cutting calories too low can result in stress on your body if you don't take the breastfeeding calories into account.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! 4 months post partum... I'm trying to cut out carbs and lost 3 pounds last week! Exercising is slacking though with two under the age of two. I need to get better ideas. Been doing Tracy anderson once or twice (if I'm lucky) and my abs hurt for a good two days after doing her post partum DVD
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Formal exercise isn't the only way to burn calories. Pop baby in a stroller and go for a long walk. Better yet, pop baby into a baby carrier and wear her while you take that long walk.

Log your food accurately. I would start by just logging everything to see what your current consumption is. You'll probably find that you naturally make healthier and lower calorie choices just because you have to log them. That'll give you a deficit without trying. But if you don't start to see a loss after a couple of weeks (or if you're just the sort of person that wants a goal from day one), put your stats in MFP, choose a goal of no more than 1 pound/week and eat that amount. Don't eat "under" that amount. Eat that amount (on average; high days and low days are fine as long as they balance out).
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Trust the Myfitnesspal process. Do as @SusanMFindlay suggests. Be very honest and track accurately. I'm 13 weeks post-partum and already 900g lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight.