Ok ive had it ! I need to do this

Options
Hello all ! My name is DAve 33/m from nyc. I have had it with being heavy! I am currently 5/10 and 333 lbs! I was at a memeorial day bbq yesterday and was so disgusted with myself!
Always heavy as a child and adolecent i managed to get my weight from 245 to a healthy 176 by the time i resched senior yearcin high school in 2001. Over the years my weight kept climbing on average of about 10 lbs a year , i am built big so having weight in the low to mid 200s wasnt to damaging for me as i still was able to pull it off. I have no balloned to my current weight and it is just to much , i look like a balloon and i find i cant move as well as i used to and i am constantly tired! I really am determined to loose weight ! My biggest issues are eating alot of carbohydrates and eating before sleeping. My goal is to get my weight down to a healthy 180 by next memorial day ! I look forward to blogging my results with all of yous !

Replies

• CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life too, had a csection 11 months ago and gall bladder surgery a week and a half ago. I just need to get healthy!! Welcome and feel free to add me :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The photo is me at 351 and 287. I'm currently 284 and planning on getting further down. I'm tall and carry my weight well too, plus I'm also large structured. You will make your goal. If I can loose weight consistently, so can you.?
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i went from 285 to190 from eating healthy, lifting and some cardio. Being consistent with your diet and food choices is by far the most important aspect.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    You can do it! The photo is me at 351 and 287. I'm currently 284 and planning on getting further down. I'm tall and carry my weight well too, plus I'm also large structured. You will make your goal. If I can loose weight consistently, so can you.?

Wow, you're doing great! What an inspiration... well done!

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good luck man! Keep in mind that weight loss is mainly about creating a calorie deficit through food. Working out is great for your HEALTH, but diet is key.

Invest in a good digital kitchen scale, it will be your new best friend! Log everything you put in your mouth as accurately as possible.

To calculate your deficit, you need to know your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). I like using this calculator: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

To lose a pound of fat a week, you should aim for a 500 calorie deficit from your TDEE. If your TDEE was 2500, you would want to eat 2000 calories per day to lose a pound a week.

Other than that... just stick to your calorie goal. In theory, it's very simple. But it can be tough to break old habits. Good luck!