Calorie Dense Food Suggestions

Options
As of today I weigh 112.86 pounds, this is the heaviest I've ever been aside from when I was pregnant. I'm so excited to finally be putting on weight, this just means that I'm even closer to my 130 pound goal!

Anyone have any tips to help me get there even faster? Like, food tips? I use Apetamin to help boost my appetite, but I sometimes struggle to get very calorie dense foods that I do not get tired of like avocados for example. I'm not really worried about "healthy" calories because I do work out, so I'm open to fatty foods too. But I don't eat fast food. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck and thanks in advance!

Replies

• princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am 18 pounds up from where I first started my weight gain journey. I've had some setbacks, but I'm extremely proud of my progress.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out this thread for food and advice:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Also, gaining weight too fast and getting to your goal faster isn't always better. I mean, unless you are underweight and under the care of a dr's advice, I would stick to no more than 0.5lb gain per week (or 2lb per month) to reduce fat gain (if that is something you are concerned about)

Congrats on the progress so far and good luck with the rest!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Whole fat dairy(milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, cream) nuts and nutbutters, seeds(sunflower, pumpkin), coconut and coconut milk, oils, butter, fatty meats, dark meat instead of white.
  • princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Definitely check out this thread for food and advice:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Also, gaining weight too fast and getting to your goal faster isn't always better. I mean, unless you are underweight and under the care of a dr's advice, I would stick to no more than 0.5lb gain per week (or 2lb per month) to reduce fat gain (if that is something you are concerned about)

Congrats on the progress so far and good luck with the rest!

Thank you! I actually am pretty underweight and my doctor is aware of my weight gain journey and even helps by giving me free Boost drinks to add to my calorie intake. And I'm not too worried about gaining fat either, I actually need some lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and full fat dairy