Overeating feel like crap

Options
Memorial day weekend, my weight was good and below 127.7. Then I binged on 2500 calories on Friday and 1800 on Friday. I even ate a bowl of cereal this morning. I look so bloated and I feel disgusting and I don't even want to go the lake because me stomach looks like a balloon. Weight 129.3 this morning. Advice in getting rid of water weight asap? Ran 6 miles on Friday and I'm about to do it again. I might just drink coffee and not eat all day :( I hate my lack of self control right now! So much meat and pie and couldn't control myself and now I'm paying the price

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You must be really short if 1800 is above maintenance?

You can't do anything about what you've eaten now, so just get back to normal.
  • mariesofi4108
    mariesofi4108 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and try to stay at 127
  • TavistockToad
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and try to stay at 127

You know weight fluctuates? You won't and can't be one number all the time.

How many cals are you eating to maintain?
  • mariesofi4108
    Options
    I try to eat 1300 but When I eat 1600 I gain weight even with running about 5 miles daily
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I try to eat 1300 but When I eat 1600 I gain weight even with running about 5 miles daily

Gain weight or have normal fluctuations?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

There is something wrong with your tracking.

No way would you gain at 1600 calories whilst being that active.
  • Moobs92
    Moobs92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's cool! We all have some setbacks here and there. I prefer not to call them failures cause it's only failure if you stop and just continue overeating. Setbacks happen. Just accept it and move on. No big problem. Good luck!
  • mariesofi4108
    Options
    The nutritionist told me to aim for 1400 to 1600 calories a day. What's the quickest way to get rid of water weight??
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I hate my lack of self control right now! So much meat and pie and couldn't control myself and now I'm paying the price

In all seriousness, remember how this feels. Next time you are about to lose control, remind yourself how bad you will feel and how it's really not worth it for your over all happiness. I have big issues with binges and food cravings, and this is what I need to do.

For dropping the weight asap, drink water, do cardio, carry on life as normal. It might take a week.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist told me to aim for 1400 to 1600 calories a day. What's the quickest way to get rid of water weight??

It's just water, your body wants it to help process the higher salt food. Just drink plenty water and leave it at that.

You did not gain fat.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

You told them you run 5 miles a day? I hope you didn't pay for that awful advice?!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options

Then why are you eating 1300? As others have said, something's not right. Make sure you're using a food scale and tracking accurately. Also as others have said, it's mostly just water, it's going to take time to come off, you can't force it. You do the crime you do the time as it were, but it wasn't a crime, it's being human, it happens. Relax.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A day of 2500 and 1800 calories is not a binge day. It's a slightly over maintenance day. I think you have to come to terms with water weight and why it doesn't matter.
  • StatesboroKeith
    StatesboroKeith Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Memorial day weekend, my weight was good and below 127.7. Then I binged on 2500 calories on Friday and 1800 on Friday. I even ate a bowl of cereal this morning. I look so bloated and I feel disgusting and I don't even want to go the lake because me stomach looks like a balloon. Weight 129.3 this morning. Advice in getting rid of water weight asap? Ran 6 miles on Friday and I'm about to do it again. I might just drink coffee and not eat all day :( I hate my lack of self control right now! So much meat and pie and couldn't control myself and now I'm paying the price

Try and the key word here is *try*- not to beat yourself up over this.