Help needed

Options
Evening!
Hope you are all doing well,
This summer I am planning to bulk my self out a bit. I am skinny in the arms and chest area and I was wondering how I would be able to do that. I would find it hard to change my meals as I eat with my whole family. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
I also need to improve my CV system as I am a football referee.

Replies

• PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Are you skinny fat? If so keep the carbs low, increase the protein and fat. If you are not skinny fat and just skinny do not worry about limiting the carbs.

Start lifting weights, eat more at the dinner table, have some high protein snacks during the day, and start doing cardio.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Evening!
    This summer I am planning to bulk my self out a bit. I am skinny in the arms and chest area and I was wondering how I would be able to do that. I would find it hard to change my meals as I eat with my whole family. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

To bulk up you need to eat in a surplus. So bigger portions, full fat dairy, nuts & seeds as snacks etc etc

You also need a decent lifting programme... there is a stickie on lifting around here somewhere!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    PPumpItUp wrote: »
    Are you skinny fat? If so keep the carbs low, increase the protein and fat. If you are not skinny fat and just skinny do not worry about limiting the carbs.

Start lifting weights, eat more at the dinner table, have some high protein snacks during the day, and start doing cardio.

what does being skinny fat and eating carbs have to do with bulking?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Evening!

To bulk up you need to eat in a surplus. So bigger portions, full fat dairy, nuts & seeds as snacks etc etc

You also need a decent lifting programme... there is a stickie on lifting around here somewhere!

this

this ..

OP you need the following to gain muscle..

consistent calorie surplus + structured lifting regimen with progressive overload built in + micro/macro adherence..

• Je2RiT
    Je2RiT Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Having to increase your cardio for being a referee and wanting to bulk up, you're going to have to increase your calories quite a bit. What does your current diet look like? Are you currently on an exercise program?