About Me

Options
Hello,
My name is Roxana. My current goal is to gain weight. When I first started my "journey" 4 years ago I weight 89lbs. I was very unhealthy, and thin. I've been inconsistent with my eating and fitness habits and am currently at 103lbs trying to get to 115lbs. I'm writing this so I can find others who are on a similar goal. Would like to make friends along the way to reaching my goal and help others through motivation.

Replies

• CJYogii
    CJYogii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am loosing weight at the moment but in a month or two i am going to start to gain.
    But would love and help in any way :3
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxana,
    I am currently at around 110 lbs after I lost weight and I am trying to maintain/gain a little weight while building muscle and still losing some of my 25% body fat. I thought I was eating just right, but my first days with MFP taught me otherwise). I am definitely not supposed to lose more, so I guess we are in the same situation?
  • r_eruiz26
    r_eruiz26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am also around 25% body fat with the plan on decreasing that percentage and increasing my muscle mass. Is there anything that you are currently struggling with? My main problem is hitting 2,500 calories a day with the correct food.
  • Carbozz
    Carbozz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will give you an easy 900 calories healthy shake

1 large banana
    2 scoops of whey protein
    1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream
    16 oz whole milk

That's 32 g fat / 90 g carbs/ 72 G protein

you can split it up to 450 calories with half the portions

And it is really easy to get the remaining calories from foods

And don't forget the fruits

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is way lower (1700 right now), and I can just reach it. But my problem is that I still seem to gain body fat instead of muscle. I changed to more protein, less fat and carbs, but somehow that is not enough. I work out in the gym (beginners strength training) and would like to increase the intensity there, but the trainer of course wants to take it slow for a beginner.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    My calorie goal is way lower (1700 right now), and I can just reach it. But my problem is that I still seem to gain body fat instead of muscle. I changed to more protein, less fat and carbs, but somehow that is not enough. I work out in the gym (beginners strength training) and would like to increase the intensity there, but the trainer of course wants to take it slow for a beginner.

PT s arent always right. Take that with a grain of salt though. You should move at your pace... no one knows your body aswell as you!
  • r_eruiz26
    Options

Carbozz wrote: »
    I will give you an easy 900 calories healthy shake

1 large banana
    2 scoops of whey protein
    1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream
    16 oz whole milk

That's 32 g fat / 90 g carbs/ 72 G protein

you can split it up to 450 calories with half the portions

And it is really easy to get the remaining calories from foods

And don't forget the fruits

Thanks! I will definitely give this a try! After every workout I've been drinking protein with banana and that used to fill me up, but now that's I've increased my workouts I'm beginning to stay a bit hungrier after wards.
  • r_eruiz26
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

PT s arent always right. Take that with a grain of salt though. You should move at your pace... no one knows your body aswell as you!

I agree, you should go at your pace. I used a personal trainer to understand how to use the weights and proper form. From there I decide how much weight I can add depending on how my body reacts to the weight. Maybe include 15-20min of cardio after each workout as well. I dislike cardio but I try to get it in when I can.