Maintenance

Options
Once I meet goal weight, how many calories should I be having a day for maintenance?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Mfp can give you a guide once you get there...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    If you change your goal in mfp to maintain it will give you your calorie goal. If you are set to lose .5 pounds per week that is a 250 a day deficit, so you will basically increase your calorie goal by 250. If you are set to 1 pound then increase by 500.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Use the mfp guidelines as a starting point. Just set the number you want to maintain at and go by the suggested calories. Also remember the suggested calories mfp gives is based on a large population demographic and it's going to vary depending on your activity level.

One of the things about maintenances it's a learning process innocence it's more critical when you're beginning maintenance to pay attention to your weight and monitor it more closely than when you were actually losing the weight.

I've been basically in maintenance for the past nine months and my weight has stayed relatively the same, plus or minus a couple pounds. I eat more then mfp suggest but also it's because I don't incorporate my workout calories.