Over 3000 calories a day

Options
Ok this is my 2nd week on apetamin and eating over 3000 calories REALLY. First week I gain 2 pounds I went from 5'3 96 to 98 . 2nd week 98 to 101. Why me....... everybody reviews on youtube about apetamin they gain 5 to 7 pounds in a week on apetamin. I barely gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I guess I keep going and don't give up at least I'm gaining but not as fast as I would like. :/

Replies

• Boobie804
    Boobie804 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Gaining 5-7 pounds a week is a recipe for fat gain...ideally you should only be gaining one pound a week...

Oh and ditch the apetamin
    If I ditch the apetamin I will not gain any weight. Believe me I wish I could just gain on my own
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    5-7 lb gain in a week is nuts! Results don't happen overnight and scale weight doesn't say anything about physique, body composition or actual progress, especially in short time frames.

Eat well, eat enough, work out.
    Have a hard time getting the calories in eat a few tablespoons of pb with every meal, Eat half a cup of haaagen Daaz. It's not difficult.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont think you want to gain that much.... yes, given your stats you want some fat gain, but you also want to start building muscle or you'll just end up squishy.
  • Boobie804
    Options

I honestly dont think you want to gain that much.... yes, given your stats you want some fat gain, but you also want to start building muscle or you'll just end up squishy.

I really do want to gain that much. I want to be around 130 pounds. I'm scared to work out just yet. I know my body I will burn off the calories too fast. My crazy logic is to get fat then work off the weight where I don't want it. I know crazy :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Boobie804 wrote: »

I really do want to gain that much. I want to be around 130 pounds. I'm scared to work out just yet. I know my body I will burn off the calories too fast. My crazy logic is to get fat then work off the weight where I don't want it. I know crazy :D

You're right. It's crazy. You're making MORE work for yourself.

Smarter, not harder.
  • Boobie804
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »
    5-7 lb gain in a week is nuts! Results don't happen overnight and scale weight doesn't say anything about physique, body composition or actual progress, especially in short time frames.

Have a hard time getting the calories in eat a few tablespoons of pb with every meal, Eat half a cup of haaagen Daaz. It's not difficult.

I just feel like the weight gain is too slow. I'm actually getting over 3000 a day. I do 6 tablespoon of nutella. 2tbs of nutella is 200 calories= 600 extra calories. I also drink ensure drinks. One girl said to drink 8 tbs of avocado oil a day. I'm not sure about that one tho.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I just feel like the weight gain is too slow. I'm actually getting over 3000 a day. I do 6 tablespoon of nutella. 2tbs of nutella is 200 calories= 600 extra calories. I also drink ensure drinks. One girl said to drink 8 tbs of avocado oil a day. I'm not sure about that one tho.

2 tbsp can be more than 200 calories. weigh your food on a food scale and see how many calories you really are getting in just to see if you really are getting 3000 calories in.its harder to get the fat off once you gain it though so if you gain weight fast it could take twice as long to lose it.I would do what Tavistock Toad said.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

It sounds like this is just a joke to you, when people are actually trying to help.
  • Boobie804
    edited July 2017
    Options

It sounds like this is just a joke to you, when people are actually trying to help.

Who pissed into your cheerios this morning. Well dang I guess emoji smiley face is off limits. I don't see where I made a joke about anything maybe you too sensitive shrug shoulders.
  • Boobie804
    Options

2 tbsp can be more than 200 calories. weigh your food on a food scale and see how many calories you really are getting in just to see if you really are getting 3000 calories in.its harder to get the fat off once you gain it though so if you gain weight fast it could take twice as long to lose it.I would do what Tavistock Toad said.

I don't weigh my food I just count the calorie label on the box and make sure I eat the whole item. Everyone is different I gained 55 pounds pregnant. I lose all my weight and drop down to 96 pounds. I don't really care about getting the weight off I'm more focus on putting it on right now. Skinny girl problems

Smarter, not harder.

I know it's crazy, but that's my plan.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I don't weigh my food I just count the calorie label on the box and make sure I eat the whole item. Everyone is different I gained 55 pounds pregnant. I lose all my weight and drop down to 96 pounds. I don't really care about getting the weight off I'm more focus on putting it on right now. Skinny girl problems

Smarter, not harder.

You are aware that you can't just " work off the weight where I don't want it"... right?

96-130# and no weight training = 34 pounds of fat. You won't be able to sculpt it... but maybe you are one of those lucky ones that gets relatively even distribution.

Good luck!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    As I said in another post, anorexics are only expected to gain around 1 kg a week in eating disorder programs where they are purposely trying to gain lots of weight. I only gained 0.5-0.8 kg a week when I was on a 3500 calorie meal plan with no exercise allowed and I don't have a "super fast metabolism". 5-7 lbs is insane and you will not be happy with the fat gain.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Smarter, not harder.

packaging can be off by up to 20% and even though you are trying to gain and not lose a scale could tell you exactly how many calories you are eating.also have you been checked for a thyroid issue? or any other health issues?
  • onesarah68
    onesarah68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    for someone skinny I know how it feels I would want to see that kind of progress on myself but you should really be careful with your food choices like nutella is ok but in full spoons I don't think it's a good idea. Can you kindly write a list of the things you are eating to gain weight that fast ?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Gaining 5-7 pounds a week is a recipe for fat gain...ideally you should only be gaining one pound a week...

Oh and ditch the apetamin
    If I ditch the apetamin I will not gain any weight. Believe me I wish I could just gain on my own

you can, just eat calorie dense foods...
  • Boobie804
    edited July 2017
    Options

Smarter, not harder.

packaging can be off by up to 20% and even though you are trying to gain and not lose a scale could tell you exactly how many calories you are eating.also have you been checked for a thyroid issue? or any other health issues?

I got my thyroid check and no issues there. I will look up how to weigh my food thanks so much
  • Boobie804
    edited July 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I understand you want to gain as fast as possible, but as others said it will be mostly (if not all) fat and if you are going to try to lose it after, unfortunately it will not come off where you want it and you will likely be back at square one if you do it that way. Also it is good to learn healthy eating habits to increase your appetite so you don't have to rely on apetamin for life. I used to make high cal smoothies with bananas, berries, spinach, high fat Greek yogurt, whey protein, nut butter, hemp hearts, plus ice and milk. Mine come out to around 1000 cals. Also ice cream, pizza, pasta with alfredo sauce, whipped cream and other full-fat dairy, juice, dried fruit, avocado, higher fat meat, nuts and nut butters, trail mix, etc. Set an alarm to eat.. eat when you aren't hungry. Eat from the time you wake up and before you to bed (I used to even eat in the middle of the night when I was awake).

People keep saying dont rely on apetamin. I don't have an appetite if I don't take it. I'm eating most of all things you posted but ONLY with the help of apetamin. Now if you have any ideas on how to boost your appetite that would be great. I would definitely try it because apetamin is not cheap.