2lbs a week

Options
So happy looking like im gaining 2lbs a week.. Started at 111 now im 120 ..
All my life ive been skinny and couldn't gain weight..

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Women can gain about 1 pound of muscle per month, so if you are wanting to gain muscle you might want to reconsider your goal and gain around half a pound per week.
  • Amyleex3
    Amyleex3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to gain muscle only.. this app says eat 2300 calories a day to gain weight n thats what im doing..
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Well then.. congratulations.

Also try and eat according to your macros (it's hard, I often fail that) not just calories.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Serious question here. Why try to gain non muscle weight? I'm absolutely not saying you shouldn't or anything, I'masduming you hsve a valid reason. But as someone who has been trying to lose all my fat for most of my life, I'm honestly curious about reasons to gain, that are not for muscle/weightlifting, or having been ill.
  • Amyleex3
    Options
    Coz im wayyyy to skinny im 5"8 and was 111.. i only gain Weight when im pregnant then loss it a couple of months later.. Now im 119 and feeling alil better about myself..
    Imma keep going till im like 140 or so.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is super fast! Wheew!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Amyleex3 wrote: »
    Coz im wayyyy to skinny im 5"8 and was 111.. i only gain Weight when im pregnant then loss it a couple of months later.. Now im 119 and feeling alil better about myself..
    Imma keep going till im like 140 or so.

So 29 pounds of fat????
  • Amyleex3
    Options
    2 lbs a week is super fast! Wheew!

I started drinking a weight gain drink that has 1000 in 1 drink
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Glad you're happy. People are just saying if you're gaining that fast, most of it will be fat, as opposed to muscle as well. But we don't even know if you are lifting/training. If you are fine with most of the gain being fat, power to ya.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Pop back in 3-6 months and tell us how your body has changed. I can assure you that it won't look how you imagine it will.
  • Amyleex3
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Glad you're happy. People are just saying if you're gaining that fast, most of it will be fat, as opposed to muscle as well. But we don't even know if you are lifting/training. If you are fine with most of the gain being fat, power to ya.

I didnt mention i do work out lol.