Any vegans out there?

Options
Hi there I'm looking to have some more vegan friends on mfp so we can help each other with different recipes and more.

Replies

• emilyengelhardt
    emilyengelhardt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I just saw that there was msg board on this app and then saw your vegan post! I'm not totally vegan but getting closer every day!
  • aleece222
    aleece222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm also trying to maintain a vegan lifestyle.
  • Rwalke3
    Rwalke3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its difficult but yeah trying to do the vegan thing too!
  • veggiedipp88
    veggiedipp88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently adapting the vegan lifestyle: 3 weeks in and I feel great! I started slowly taking away foods from my diet and lastly, I took meat out. I am getting most of my protein from oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, black beans with brown rice, and add a lot of vegetables. I know it can be hard but it feels great to know you are fueling your body with rich foods.
  • mgesa1227
    mgesa1227 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan 15 days now and I'm loving it!
  • joycooke2017
    joycooke2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It was not an quick transition for me, but once I completely transitioned I began to feel amazing. I really can't pick words to describe it. I'm glad I did it and wouldn't go back for anything!
  • vegansocks
    vegansocks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm here. :)
  • marlenaferguson
    marlenaferguson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan two years now and my biggest piece of advice is FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO EAT that makes being vegan feel easy. For me, it's pizza express's vegan pizza, which uses marinated artichokes instead of mozzarella. Once you find a food that's 'worth it' things get a lot easier. Also, when people taunt you or say things like:
    "Such a shame you can't have this. Don't you miss it?"
    Ask yourself (internally, to avoid an even more awkward conversation) if it really is a shame. Do you really miss cheese? Or do you just miss not having to defend your food choices? Is it the convenience you miss? The social aspect of it? It most likely isn't the flavor, as it is very easy to find tasty vegan alternatives to most foods (though granted, not always as conveniently)