Recomp Question

Options
Good day everyone.

I have come here with a question. I have been doing fairly good with weightloss. The only issue is that the last place for it to come off is my hips/love handles/thigh area. My frustration is that I don't know how to slim down in those areas without losing more strength in my upper body.

So I'm thinking of doing a recomp because I don't want to gain anything more, but want to balance out my upper and lower body... Or do I keep on going with just trying to lose weight and now that I've gotten to certain point maybe my body will start to lose it off that area

Any opinions/ideas/advice?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    What is your body fat percentage?
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. Probably not the greatest. I should maybe get it measured, just don't know where.

I'm 5'9 though, and my measurements from top to bottom go size 4, size 6, to size 8.
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Resistance training with a high protein diet, around 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight, in a moderate calorie deficit. Its easy to recomp with that formula.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. Probably not the greatest. I should maybe get it measured, just don't know where.

I'm 5'9 though, and my measurements from top to bottom go size 4, size 6, to size 8.

Your clothing size doesn't matter.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think recomp is the way forward.
    I've had great success in toning up my thighs, bum and stomach with a decent lifting programme and targeted macros.
    I find getting the protein quite hard though - I'm on about 150g a day - and have to use shakes and bars to cram it in without actually turning into a chicken. Snacks have also had to become a way of life, mostly for the protein!

I have to admit that I have a trainer set my programme and macros for me, as that gives me the degree of accountability I want. I can also go to him and be like "I'm not getting the results I want *here* - what do I need to change?"