Motivation after have my Rainbow baby, and Lifes obstacles

Options
Its been 13 months since I had my miracle baby and two years since I have been able to work out really,, I tried going to the gym a few days in the last two weeks but I almost feel hopeless. Who knew it would be so hard to get back to the gym.. Now with a one year old no car, and working that makes it ten times harder.. How do you do it is what I want to know.. Lord help me ,,, I have climbed 9 flights of stairs 6 times,.,, I am trying I really am,, but my lungs and knees whew

Replies

• magicaldryope
    magicaldryope Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is an option for you, but I keep my workouts at home for the moment. I have a 6yo, a 4yo, and a 6mo old so I exercise by turning on dance music and having a dance party in the living room.

Since you don't have a car is your area safe for walking/jogging with a stroller? Or is there somewhere nearby you can take your wee one to run around and play chase? That might be a less stressful option than the gym for now?
  • QueenDriventosuccess
    QueenDriventosuccess Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Magigal, thank you for responding , wow you have your hands full,,, that's how I used to workout even with a car at home was always best,, but I am now in an apartment ,,, and my husband fears ill be bouncing on someone head which I am so annoyed about,, I love turbo jam and turbo fire I just need the space,, the hope is to move in two months,,,, I have walked with my daughter in her stroller,, but honestly there is so much debree in some areas I don't want nothing to pop up in her face,,, I can however try the more residential area and see if that helps so I will give that a whirl,,,, She just started walking and I don't want her falling outside but I do chase and play with her at home,,, I have been eating healthier and that scale is just not moving
  • magicaldryope
    magicaldryope Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah apartment living can complicate working out at home. u_u is your husband home after your daughter is in bed? Maybe he could stay while you go to the gym for mommy free time (although if he can't I get it). I've also known moms who swapped babysitting so that every night one of them watched the other's children while the rest of the group got to run errands or workout. I don't know what your social network is like so maybe that's out of the question but maybe it's something that could work for you
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    After I had my first daughter, I did 30 Day Shred to start getting back into shape. It doesn't take much space, and it's only 20 minutes so my kid could usually hold it together long enough for me to get it done as long as I planned ahead. We also had a very small place, but it was big enough to accomodate the routine. We also did a lot of stroller walks. Eventually I started getting up VERY early to get it done before everyone else was awake. I have two girls now, ages 6 and 4, and although there are still many challenges, things are getting easier. For me, it's MUCH easier to be a good mom when I've had my workout - it's literally the ONLY time I have all to myself all day. Also, my girls are old enough to notice what I'm doing and even to "join in" on some of my workouts. My 4-year-old has a mean frog jump!
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's so much harder once you've got a kiddo to work into the mix too isn't it?? I use a lot of youtube fitness videos, and pick the length depending on what I need to do that day, how much time I have while a kid is asleep or distracted etc (even when I get up at 5am though my oldest still seems to find me LOL)

ETA: there are videos on youtube specifically made to be quiet for those who live in apartments etc and they're a pretty good workout!