Keto Vegetarian

Options
heathertaylorrr
heathertaylorrr Posts: 10 Member
I'm interested in trying keto. I'm a vegetarian. The only recipes I've found online are crazy complex ones. I'm no Gordon Ramsey! I'm looking for suggestions! Also anyone who is currently attempting keto, vegetarian or not, please send me a friend request!

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Just incorporate more oil into the things you normally eat and cut down on starchy veggies when possible. Vegetarian keto is very doable but it will be difficult to get adequate protein without supplementing.
  • Mndelta25
    Mndelta25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What kind of vegetarian are you? If you eat fish, keto is very simple, if you don't eat any meats then you may be in for a little bit of a rough time. I personally have trouble reaching my protein/fat ratio without adding in some chicken to boost my protein. Like Geo said, you will probably have to use a whey isolate to boost if you're vegetarian. SkinnyTaste and RuledMe have some decent recipes, and I noticed that Amazon has some vegetarian keto cookbooks that look promising. It doesn't have to be complex to be tasty, and you can always learn to make something new!