Looking for Macro friendly chocolate craving options

Options
boulank
boulank Posts: 51 Member
I'm wondering if anyone has any low calorie suggestions for chocolate cravings.

Most of the time I'm okay not having chocolate but there is a certain time in each month ;) where I need a little chocolate it seems.

Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome!

Thank you

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Just have a little chocolate and work it in to your macros.
    I have to buy a single, small bar (like, portion size small) or I eat it all.

Otherwise, raw cacao powder works for me, whipped into zero fat greek yogurt/skyr or to turn a vanilla protein shake into a really chocolatey one that's more chocolatey than chocolate protein!

(mmm... chocolate...)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Stick with dark chocolate if you can tolerate it. The darker the better. It will give you the chocolate hit without all the sugar.

I am also another who likes to add cacao powder to greek yogurt and have it with some fresh fruit and nuts.
  • boulank
    boulank Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas.

Has anyone ever tried Cocoa Plus ? https://cocoa.plus/
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by macro friendly but 85% Chocolate has less fat than milk chocolate:

figures below for 25g of Aldi chocolate...

Aldi - Moser Roth (Correct) - Finest Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa, 25 g (1bar) Cals 165 Carbs 8 Protein 3 Fat 13
    Moser Roth - Finest Milk Chocolate, 1 bar Cals 141 Carbs 13 Protein 2 Fat 9
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by macro friendly but 85% Chocolate has less fat than milk chocolate:

Aldi - Moser Roth (Correct) - Finest Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa, 25 g (1bar) Cals 165 Carbs 8 Protein 3 Fat 13

Wait, I'm confused - according to the info you posted, milk chocolate has less fat than 85% chocolate (9g vs 13g).
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Wait, I'm confused - according to the info you posted, milk chocolate has less fat than 85% chocolate (9g vs 13g).

Hmm yes - I messed up there and I've just researched the MFP database and it seems that the many entries for the 85% cocoa solids bars are all over the place with respect to the carbs and fats (although the cals seem consistent).

I'm at work so can't check on the packaging :( but I'd assume that in reality, the dark chocolates have a lower fat figure. I will look into it when I get home.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hershey's kisses are 22-25 calories each, depending on the type. 3 or 4 of them can be pretty satisfying, especially if you just let them melt slowly in your mouth.
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    So it looks like if you want lower carb but higher fat dark is the way to go.
  • StealthHealth
    Options
    t9x45nubjduo.jpg
  • bingo_007
    bingo_007 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually have chocolate milk. 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder has 12 calories. If I want to have it sweeter add on honey or make it milkshake with a banana.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli makes mini dark chocolate squares for about 36 cals and they also have a sea salt dark chocolate for about 50 cals a square.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder is defatted chocolate. There's still some calories but not as much as regular chocolate.

I've made a chai tea adding a teaspoon of cocoa, a pinch of cinnamon, Stevia drop, and milk.
  • splinker
    splinker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    boulank wrote: »

Most of the time I'm okay not having chocolate but there is a certain time in each month ;) where I need a little chocolate it seems.

Thank you

If you take a typical diet powder chocolate drink, add avacado and almond coconut to it and blend it up, it makes a pretty good chocolate pudding. Southbeach has the recipe for it. They of course tell you to use their shake but I'm sure there are plenty of comparable ones out there.
  • Mojame9
    Mojame9 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    boulank wrote: »

Thank you

I just posted a pic of alternatives when you get cravings. I'm not sure how to post pictures in forum. So check out my wall.
    But for chocolate cravings suggestions include dark chocolate nuts seeds fruit whole grains and greens.
    For fizzy drink craving suggestions include sesame seeds broccoli and mustard.
    Give it a try...?
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    halo top
  • last1youlove
    last1youlove Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered almonds
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I start every day with a French press full of brewing cocoa. It's cocoa beans that are roasted and ground that you brew like coffee. It's not like hot chocolate, but more like a rich dark chocolate tea. I have it with liquid Splenda and a splash of low fat half and half. A whole pot is 60 calories at the strength I brew it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1

Use chocolate protein powder and/or cocoa. I have this every night for dessert, I use Salted Caramel protein powder.