A1C of 7.9

Options
First time posting here and hope to get some support and ideals. This A1C is the highest it has been in years. I've just basically eat everything I want and am now paying for it. I'm about 100 lbs overweight and so tired I can't stand myself. Any suggestions appreciated....have a blessed day!

Replies

• Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post! I was just diagnosed with diabetes a1c was 8.1. I started on a low carb diet and I am logging everything! I have my first check up on Tuesday. I can tell I've lost a few pounds already. My goal is to be off meds by spring. Hopefully I can start some sort of work out soon. My knees are bad so it limits me. I am only 52 and could kick myself for doing this to myself. My daughter is following in my footsteps and it breaks my heart. But she won't listen to me and change her habits now before it's too late. Good luck with everything! You can do it!!
  • DocRobT2DLCHF
    DocRobT2DLCHF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have two real good responses already, but if I may....
    In Jan 2913 I was diagnosed T2D. I weighed 433# and my A1c was 12.7. My Dr wanted to start me on insulin immediately. I refused.
    Over the next 14 months following a LCHF way of eating, I cut 133# and lowered my A1c to 5.2. I also went off of two high blood pressure meds. And I got lazy. For the last three years I've maintained around 300 #, but I've crept up to 331 just this year. I still follow the LCHF way, but just consuming too many carbs. 23 days ago I recommitted to loosing 100 #. As of this past Wednesday I'm down 14#.
    First, if you are on Facebook, join the group Reversing Diabetes. That group is 30 thousand+ strong, super supportive in teaching how to beat this diabetes thing. And lose wt in the process.
    Second, as mentioned in previous posts, log and track everything you eat. Can't stress it enough. Forces you to be accountable to yourself. Keeps your ultimate goal in the forefront. Make this the most important mission in your life. Your life may depend on it. Add me if I can be of help.
  • brattonsbaby72
    brattonsbaby72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have never had high blood glucose issues, but have always been overweight. I started eating Keto / Low Carb High Fat on February 1 this year and have lost 40 pounds to date. I've never felt better. Many diabetics I know, and many I "virtually" know have slashed their A1c to non-diabetic levels! It's worth you researching and see if you feel it's right for you.