What are your favorite frozen dinners?

Options
I'm about to be working a job for six weeks that involves a lot of traveling and no opportunity to actually cook, so frozen meals are going to be a staple. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on frozen dinners or foods that actually taste good.

Replies

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just get some frozen fish fillets, they cook fast. Chuck it on some bagged salad, add a bit of frozen rice or some couscous. Dinner done, low cal, no additives!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice Steamers. I usually pick high protein, and add extra veggies.

Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Linguini w/Red Pepper Alfredo are a couple favorites.

• jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Trader Joe's reduced guilt mac and cheese. I doctor it up a bit with chicken (they sell fully cooked pre shredded chicken breast if you can't cook your own) and hot sauce for a buffalo mac and cheese. Easy to enjoy with some veggies on the side.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have 3 that are my go to frozen meals: Chili's mac & cheese, Amy's cheese enchiladas and California Pizza Kitchen flatbreads. I add a salad or fresh fruit to it. On days I have one of those, at night I have a high protein meal.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like amys thai red curry and brown rice, black eyes peas, and veggies bowl. Sodium is way too high, but that's a pretty common trend in all frozen meals, I guess.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like most of the Lean Cuisines I have tried. I eat one for lunch most days with a piece of fruit, some baby carrots, and a yogurt.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I like Healthy Choice Steamers. I usually pick high protein, and add extra veggies.

Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Linguini w/Red Pepper Alfredo are a couple favorites.

Second on these. I loved the sesame chicken one (it might've been orange chicken) the portion was NOT skimpy, and the sodium wasn't that bad! If you buy a bag of frozen veggies you could give it even more volume and still be quick and easy!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I like the Lean Cuisine meat lasagna and their French bread pizza. EVOL has some good ones.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Amy's Vegetable Lasagne:-) I also like Amy's Indian dishes.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine and Stouffer's are both pretty good. I like Tyson frozen precooked grilled chicken breasts with steamable veggies. Marie Calendar's chicken pot pie is to die for!
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »

Second on these. I loved the sesame chicken one (it might've been orange chicken) the portion was NOT skimpy, and the sodium wasn't that bad! If you buy a bag of frozen veggies you could give it even more volume and still be quick and easy!

I third Healthy Choice steamers. They are GREAT.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Probably tuna xassdrole that I've frozen myself. Mmmmmn
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My own cooked meals that have been frozen for these sorts of occasions. Not helpful if you are travelling though.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like all of the Amy's meals I've tried, mostly Indian and enchiladas. Healthy choice is usually good. Marie Calendars has good ones, just check the calories because some can be high.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah the Amy's meals are good. It's just not enough food for me unfortunately.
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the new Smart Ones Smart Made. The one with turkey, sweet potatoes, and green beans is my favorite.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan. There can be some variation since it is small batch but if you like eggplant, you many like it and it's under 500 calories for a very satisfying proportion, based on weight. It comes in multiple serving number options, so I recommend trying the single serving first before picking up a family sized one for an entire week before you know if your taste buds find it tasty.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I second the Amy's cheese enchiladas!
    Also Trader Joe's Chile Relleno, although I'm suspicious of the calorie count listed on the label.

Real dishes and silverware might make your meals feel more substantial. Can you pack a plate, bowl, utensils and a covered microwavable dish? Many Ace hardware stores sell the lightweight Corelle dishes by the piece.

I like Trader Joe's frozen party meatballs cooked in a jar of Trader Joe's organic marinara. I've never tried microwaving it, but I suppose you could pour out half of the marinara into some hotel coffee cups, place meatballs in the 1/2 filled marinara jar, cover with plastic wrap and then microwave it.

I've seen some microwavable meals in the produce section lately that look fresh and healthy. Maybe worth a try.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones-they have a ravioli that has only 210 calories, I add extra veggies with it and even avocado with toast to make it a meal.
    Lean Cuisine Market Mac and Cheese only 250 cals and I find it really satisfying
    I also love all the Smart One Smart Made meals
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Birdseye protein blends. They're just veggies, grains, and a little sauce, but they're pretty great.