Question about maintaining my weight.

Options
Hello all, long time lurker, first time posting!

So...I am a male, 24 years old and this is my journey so far:

I started with 74 kgs on 8th May and, for 11 weeks, I was on a average of eating 2250 kals per day, and in the weekend ate more so that i would hit 2400~2500 kals daily average.

So in the end of the 11 weeks my average daily caloric intake was 2450 kals and I've lost 8,2 kgs so far. I don't want to lose anymore because i am extremely happy with my results.

Now, I want to maintain my weight and body image...~

Looking at my calculations when i was 74 kgs i was eating 3200~3400 kals per day, but according to new calculations the most i can eat is 2950~3000 kals per day (wish is more than fine for me since I do IF and eat 2 big meals a day).

So...from an average of 2450 kals daily, can i jump STRAIGHT to 2940~3000 kals everyday, or?

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Congrats on reaching maintenance!
    I suggest you set a 5 lb range for maintenance. When you get to the top or bottom, adjust your calories by 250 to get back in range. It can take some trial & error to hit the ideal intake.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can go straight to your estimated / calculated maintenance calories or edge them up in a series of steps.

You may well need to do some fine tuning whichever method you choose.
  • martimxenoverse
    martimxenoverse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for answering. Looking forward to this with a lot of excitment!!
  • martimxenoverse
    martimxenoverse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If there is more people who can share their experiences with maintaining the newly weight after cutting for about 11 weeks, please feel free to share!