Starting again...needing some new friends to do this with! (ladies only please!)

Options
Hello everyone! I've been a member here for quite some time but have been gone. I've had 3 children in 3years and I'm ready to finally start back again!

I'd love some other ladies to help motivate me and encourage each other as I start over!

Sorry guys...I'm only accepting friend invites from ladies.

I'm a stay at home mother of 4 who is currently breastfeeding a 8 week old baby girl. So I'm not super certain where my calorie count should be, but I'm going with what I've found suggested online. It may take some adjusting here and there but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

Can't wait for some new friends

Replies

• HeyLindat
    HeyLindat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as far as trying again and been on before, I have a 14 year old and 12 year old, but I never lost the weight after my second. 12 years ago!! I would Love to check in with each-other, find out how I can support you and feel like I have someone to report back to. And good job trying while you have an 8 week old and breastfeeding, just make sure you eat enough and drink a lot of water!! What are your struggles? Emotional eater?Exercise? Sugar ?etc...
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • amoramima585
    amoramima585 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here there
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can add me but honestly give yourself a break :)
    You have a tiny baby and need a few months to recover first.
    I'd say just eat well i.e. no unhealthy food and you will be okay. Then deal with the extra stuff a few months down the line.
    I'm also bfing but my baby is over one now.
  • connectedcats
    connectedcats Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Quite some time ago I know (son is 27!), my doctor told me I needed to lose weight and gave me a diet to follow. I was successfully breast feeding, then my son was constantly hungry and wanted to nurse all the time. My health visitor was appalled at the doctor's advice, she said I was not eating enough to sustain my son through breast feeding alone. He was only around 10 weeks and losing weight, I had to resort to formula. I would be careful if your baby is only 8 weeks.
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too, but I'm 70 years old and hope you will let me be in your group.
  • KimberInArizona
    KimberInArizona Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mom of 5 here..new to this calorie counting thing. My oldest is 16 and my youngest is 11. I've been slacking with taking care of myself and I'm ready to start putting me first. You can add me if you like
  • Gaeaborn
    Gaeaborn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hear you! Mom of two, second is 4months old and am breastfeeding and planning to continue till 6months as advised (although can't wait to start solids tbh) - I are low carb 2yrs after my first to lose the excess but put quite a bit of it back on before the second pregnancy - gestational diabetes though kept me in check this time. So although I lost almost all of the preg weight post birth, I have put on 2 Kgs since, as I am always hungry feeding, and not very easy to choose healthy while managing the baby home etc - every week I start afresh to eat well (not necessarily lose yet) - and I will do it as many times as it takes to get there. Have to shed about 10Kg to feel comfortable (and not have knee and back pain) but as mummytifitmummy said, not too worried yet - but super concerned abt the sugar and carb craving I have and been loading!
    Have you tried Kanga training? It's highly recommended for mum's with bubs!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW to 3 children under 3. Congrats! And Good luck on your journey :)