Looking for some friends and support and

Options
I have a lot to lose I need to lose at least 180 pounds I am at at my wits end I have tried all kinds of dieting I want to do this to healthy way I am looking for others who are struggling to lose weight and get healthy as well I would love to have new friends and support as well as be supportive to others please feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• KellieanneA
    KellieanneA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the first step. Though I would be daunted by looking at the larger amount to loose; perhaps break it down to more manageable chunks that wont demotive. One step at a time reaches the peak of the mountain.
  • meetingacrosstheriver
    meetingacrosstheriver Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have a lot to lose I need to lose at least 180 pounds I am at at my wits end I have tried all kinds of dieting I want to do this to healthy way I am looking for others who are struggling to lose weight and get healthy as well I would love to have new friends and support as well as be supportive to others please feel free to add me as a friend

Hi!

Good luck with your journey! There are plenty of supportive people here on MFP. I'm returning after illness and wanting to lose some of the weight I regained after the last time. My overall goal is to lose 53kg (116 lbs) but I also find it hard to lose due to a condition known as PCOS.

I completely agree with what KellieanneA has said about breaking it down into smaller goals. I used this in the past and it worked for me. I used to also reward myself at each goal (non food reward) as a bit of an extra added incentive - nothing too extravagant, simple and affordable things like a new nail polish or a new top, some people even set aside some spare money if they are able and use that when they reach their final goal to go on a shopping spree. Some people also choose non monetary goals. Whatever works for you.

Also, celebrating non scale victories is also something else that will help. Whether it is losing cm/inches from your waist, or even an exercising PB. They all count throughout your journey!

Once again, best of luck with your journey. You've taken the first step of deciding to make a change and that is definitely a non scale victory worth celebrating!!

Please feel free to add me if you would like, I'd be more than happy to support you :smiley:
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can add me!