Why has everything slowed down

Options
Hi Team,

This is my first diet so I'm very new to this. I started MFP 14 days ago and the first 8 days were great. I stick to my calories in a millitant fashion, and always manage to come under my daily calorie goals. My intake of water is now huge compared to before, around 2.5 - 3 litres per day. I have managed to loose just under 1 lb per day. People have said this is quiet aggressive but I'm sticking to my recommended calories and I am not suffering in any way. However the last 7 days I have lost almost nothing. I have not changed anything in my diet and I weigh and record everything! Why would there be such a drastic slow down?

Any help would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You lost a lot of water weight very quickly when starting the diet.

Real fat loss is very slow, you need to adjust your expectations. 1lb a week is an excellent rate of loss for most people, closer to goal it is more likely to be 1/2lb per week or less.

I have lost a steady 0.4kg per week once out of the initial rapid loss, which is a healthy rate of loss.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The first week is always fast and the majority of that loss will have been water weight. Now you have lost that excess of water you will be in fat loss zone which slows down to where you should be. No more than 1% of body weight a week is recommended for healthy loss without losing too much lean body mass. Keept at it but be realistic for most the max should be 1-2lb of loss a week in the beginning.
  • Rach6265
    Rach6265 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not drinking much water find it really hard to did you find it speeded up weight loss ?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You are expected to lose around 1lbs a week, not a day. The first week is always waterweight plus emptying glycogen stores plus bowels. I'm sorry but it is not going to be like the first week.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Rach6265 wrote: »
    I'm not drinking much water find it really hard to did you find it speeded up weight loss ?

As long as you are sufficiently hydrated there's no reason to drink excessive amounts of water. It does not help with fat loss. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    kyle_risi wrote: »
    Hi Team,

This is my first diet so I'm very new to this. I started MFP 14 days ago and the first 8 days were great. I stick to my calories in a millitant fashion, and always manage to come under my daily calorie goals. My intake of water is now huge compared to before, around 2.5 - 3 litres per day. I have managed to loose just under 1 lb per day. People have said this is quiet aggressive but I'm sticking to my recommended calories and I am not suffering in any way. However the last 7 days I have lost almost nothing. I have not changed anything in my diet and I weigh and record everything! Why would there be such a drastic slow down?

Any help would be extremely helpful.

Thank you

OP: What is your height, starting weight, current weight and your goal weight? Is the picture of you in your avatar a recent one?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Yep, water weight loss isn't the same as fat loss. Water weight drops fast. Fat loss can take months or longer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Rach6265 wrote: »

Yeah, the more water you drink the faster fat sheds.

Joking. You lose fat from your stores when the food you eat gives you insufficient amount of energy to sustain your lifestyle.

The amount of fat lost equals your energy deficit where 1lbs of fat is equal to 3500cal.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, the first 10 pounds literally fell off. As others have said, true weight loss is very slow. I expected the first 10 to fall off and then I also expected the rest of my weight loss to slow, completely. That's honestly just how it works.... You have to be patient.