How little I know..

Options
Hello!

I'll be going by TheParnelloFello on here. I just started this today, and am trying not to make the mistake of overwhelming myself too early.

However.. in logging my first meal, tonight's dinner, I was shocked to find the buns I was having with hotdogs were crazy heavy in calories! I feel like I know NOTHING about eating healthy.

I really really want to be fit and feel physically attractive (in my own view..), but I'm worried I will fall off this and go back to just eating poorly with hardly any exercise.

Anyway, this is getting long!
I'll try talk in the forums every now and then. Hope to make some friends.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Logging intake is eye opening. Welcome!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes that's why it's vital to log and you can make better choices. You can get rid by friending people and seeing what they have in the diaries. Wishing you good luck.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Be consistent, log in everyday, log all your food whether you consider them good, bad, clean or dirty lol :D Drink lots and just burn more than you eat! You can do this :)
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello. Sorry, couldn't help but laugh as my husband had the same reaction when he started on MFP. He creates his own burgerless buns now. Plus we've found a bread that we like & is lower in cals than others. Plus you'll learn to adjust things, for eg. Instead of a sandwhich with 2 pieces of bread I'll have an open sandwich. (1 piece of bread) I'll pile it up with low cal yummy toppings & make it look pretty.

Good suggestion above to check out others diaries to get some ideas & ssk questions. We are all here for you! :-)
  • TheParnelloFello
    TheParnelloFello Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and information, guys!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello. Sorry, couldn't help but laugh as my husband had the same reaction when he started on MFP. He creates his own burgerless buns now. Plus we've found a bread that we like & is lower in cals than others. Plus you'll learn to adjust things, for eg. Instead of a sandwhich with 2 pieces of bread I'll have an open sandwich. (1 piece of bread) I'll pile it up with low cal yummy toppings & make it look pretty.

Good suggestion above to check out others diaries to get some ideas & ssk questions. We are all here for you! :-)

Burgerless buns.... Or bunless burgers?! Hehe

OP - try weighing an actual serve of cereal, or a "tablespoon" of peanut butter. Eye opening!