Best workout plan to tone and gain muscle

Options
I am on my weight gain journey I am noticing some gains in my booty , thighs and stomach I don't want them to jiggle Please any advice

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you want to avoid jiggle, you need to lose fat, plain and simple. Can't completely prevent fat gain on a weight gain protocol but limiting the surplus can reduce the portion of the gain that is fat.

Two questions: What was your BF % when you started gaining? What is your surplus?
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Do compound movements like bench press, deadlift, squat. Keep rep range between 6-10. You can do some ancillary movements after the main lifts but that's optional.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    Do compound movements like bench press, deadlift, squat. Keep rep range between 6-10. You can do some ancillary movements after the main lifts but that's optional.

Which does nothing to prevent fat loss...
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

OP never mentioned fat loss. They don't want to get fat while gaining weight. That's a diet question, not a weight training question.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

OP never mentioned fat loss. They don't want to get fat while gaining weight. That's a diet question, not a weight training question.

if you gain weight you are going to gain fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You will gain fat while you are gaining weight. Following a structured lifting routine will help limit the fat gains but there is a reason you cut after bulking and run a few cycles.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Op said she is concerned with fat gain....or did you miss that part..?