Your macro goals

Options
What has everyone set as their macro goals?

I have set my carbs at 50%, fat at 20% and protein at 30% as suggested in burn the fat, feed the muscle book by tom venuto.
I am finding often though that i am going over every day in my protein and fats and struggling to hit my carbohydrate goal. Im also finding it hard to hit my daily calorie goal.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Then change your ratios. Set carbs at 40%, fat at 25% and protein at 35% and see how you feel. Macro split is highly individual as to what keeps you satiated and how you want to eat, so just because a book says to do it one way, doesn't mean it has to be done that way, or that you should.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal? My macros is set the same as you and my cal is 2640 plus exercise burn. Most days I manage to get it but on the odd occasion I do fall short on the carbs but go over on my protein.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    That book is complete garbage.

Calories matter more than any macro splits.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    carbs about 50%, fat and protein about 25% each (protein stays at 140g a day; fat/carbs cycle)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, protein and fat are minimums, so it is fine if you go over on those macros provided you are getting adequate nutrition and getting enough carbs that your lifting performance doesn't suffer (obviously this will differ for everyone).
    I work my macro goals in grams, so carbs are 250g, fat 75-100g and protein 130-150g.. on average.

Are you bulking? If you are having trouble hitting your calorie goal, that will matter most of all... since if you don't eat in a surplus, you will not gain. If you have no problem with your other macros, calorie dense carbs can help like bagels, pasta, rice, pancakes, waffles, dried fruit, bananas, candy etc.