Pre workout

Options
I'm currently gaining weight.
Should I take NO4 AAKG as a pre workout?
Is it safe?

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Adding calories isn't going to help you lose weight. and yes, pre-workouts have calories.

IF you're trying to lose weight, re-assess how you're calculating the calories you're eating.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for / expecting from the pre-workout?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I guess my question would be
    What are you trying to do?
    Why do you think you need to take a pre-workout?
  • saurabh26
    saurabh26 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Adding calories isn't going to help you lose weight. and yes, pre-workouts have calories.

IF you're trying to lose weight, re-assess how you're calculating the calories you're eating.

I'm trying to gain weight.
    I need to gain another 20 pounds, that's what I meant.
  • saurabh26
    saurabh26 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

. It has been found that, by taking 10 to 15 grams of AAKG per day, the body’s insulin level increases by 20 to 30 percent, which in turn, theoretically increases strength gains and muscle growth. How? L-argnine increases nitric oxide production in blood vessels, increasing their diameter. This increases blood flow without raising blood pressure. When blood vessels dilate, more blood reaches the muscles and tissues and provides a larger amount of carbohydrates, proteins and various muscle-building hormones.
  • stanmann571
    Options
    saurabh26 wrote: »

I'm trying to gain weight.
    I need to gain another 20 pounds, that's what I meant.

Well if you're trying to gain weight, the pre-workout still isn't going to help.. It may give you a boost on your workouts/strength training, but that's all it's going to do. Fuel workouts/recovery. AND then, only if it's properly dosed.... see examine.com

IF you're trying to gain weight, again, you need to figure out what calories you should be eating... and eat them. IF you're also trying to gain muscle. Evaluate your lifting program to ensure that it meets your needs for increasing strength/muscle.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    saurabh26 wrote: »
    . It has been found that, by taking 10 to 15 grams of AAKG per day, the body’s insulin level increases by 20 to 30 percent, which in turn, theoretically increases strength gains and muscle growth. How? L-argnine increases nitric oxide production in blood vessels, increasing their diameter. This increases blood flow without raising blood pressure. When blood vessels dilate, more blood reaches the muscles and tissues and provides a larger amount of carbohydrates, proteins and various muscle-building hormones.

Your diet should be on point for achieving your goals before you start buying supps....just my opinion.
    If the diet isn't on point, then no amt of supps will get you there and you will just be wasting money.
  • ahsanali12335
    ahsanali12335 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Test
  • stanmann571
    Options
    Test

Usually illegal, but allegedly will cause muscle/strength gains.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Test

This is prolly not the place for talking about that.
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just go to a TRT clinic. They will prescribe you some test. Its very easy as long as you have good health insurance or some money in the bank.

If you want to gain weight, eat more, especially protein and lift more. It is ideal to train each body part every 36 hours.
  • stanmann571
    Options
    Test

Usually illegal, but allegedly will cause muscle/strength gains.
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Test

This is prolly not the place for talking about that.
    PPumpItUp wrote: »
    Just go to a TRT clinic. They will prescribe you some test. Its very easy as long as you have good health insurance or some money in the bank.

If you want to gain weight, eat more, especially protein and lift more. It is ideal to train each body part every 36 hours.

Well that escalated quickly