Best things about being a nerd

Options
13»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Boardgames and RPGs like D&D are fun as heck! I'm glad they're becoming more and more popular, I love playing them.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Most of my clothes are comic characters, video games and the daily discussions at home revolve around video games, comics, anime and anything Marvel universe
    Nerds are intelligent not just geeks =).

I was going to say the same thing. I've always viewed nerd-dom as being part of a club where you are more intelligent than 95% of people. It's neither intelligent (or wise) to spend too much precious (and limited) time on silly things like comics and video games. Don't confuse "geek" with "nerd".
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm more of a geek than a nerd, I suppose. I've got my bona-fides: PhD in engineering, model rocket, electronics projects, and chemistry set as a youth, learned to code in BASIC on my Atari 400 and a TRS-80, Pournelle, Niven, and Tolkien fan (but hated the Peter Jackson movies), untappd beer geek, prog rock connoisseur, and unabashed data hound. I've performed FFT analysis on my weight loss trends, for crying out loud. (Trigger warning: I don't have any use for comic books or superhero stuff, though. I mean, seriously.)

What do I love about myself? Well, I don't know how to be anyone else. I think that I write well, and I've got objective evidence that I'm pretty smart. I'm also devilishly handsome.

Part of what's great about being a grown-up geek is that I've come to terms with myself. I used to envy the popular kids, what with their ease in social situations and properly fitting clothes and all. Now I'm pretty happy with who I am, what I've done, and what I like.

Also me:
    y168b5c8bu67.jpg

ETA: How could I forget this?! I'm a high school and college band geek. Although we did consume large amounts of intoxicants in college, which made it somewhat less geeky.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think i fall more into the geek side of things but im still going to add, i get really excited when someone brings up something i am into and then talk to them about it to the point of it being annoying. Like if i am serving amd a guest is like "i really liked Wonder Woman" sit down and buckle your seatbelts *kitten* is about to go down you are going to learn so much

I like nerd passion, they(we?) love things so much and it is great
  • Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The copious amount of books I read <3
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I jist got a bunch of books
  • Creep7796
    Creep7796 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I saw your pic with the Harry Potter book <3
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    My ninja humblebragging skillzzzz
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer nerd, info nerd, and video game nerd.

Best thing about it? A woman's reaction to my writing :-)