GNC

Options
Anyone recommend a weight gainer from gnc?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Before throwing money at a weight gainer have you tried just having some ice cream or peanut butter before bed? Not Halo Top or any other lighter calorie versions, I'm talking Ben & Jerry's.
  • kellbell62016
    kellbell62016 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't, I just don't want to feel sick after eating something like that before bed! I was looking for something more like a shake, the convenience to bring it to work on top of lunch would be easy for me.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Gainers tend to be very filling, so you probably won't be able to drink much after lunch. Try just adding calorie dense foods like nuts, nut butters, avocado, full fat dairy, cook with oil when possible, never eat low fat anything.
  • JSUClay
    JSUClay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer is the best 'lean' gainer I've tried.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Gainers are a waste of your money, drink full fat milk instead.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight means EATING more. Unless a shake is like a 1000 calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the tips from your other thread for adding more calories to your meals?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Gainers tend to be very filling, so you probably won't be able to drink much after lunch. Try just adding calorie dense foods like nuts, nut butters, avocado, full fat dairy, cook with oil when possible, never eat low fat anything.

This. Most gainers have a ton of dextrose or maltadextrine in them (aka - simple fast processing sugars). At that point, have a quality protein shake and some gummy bears. Much more enjoyable. OP, have you looked at the below thread?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Boost or Enusure at Walmart or any store. They really do work !!!