Ted and Derek's Excellent Challenge!!

Options
derek1mg
derek1mg Posts: 17 Member
Welcome to TDEC! The 1vs1 weight loss battle between Ted aka Mr. Black and Derek aka Mr. Red.
After several trying months and significant weight gain, these two competitors have resolved to commit themselves to losing the baggage and creating a healthier lifestyle for themselves. And what better way to do it than in ruthless competition!

Our first weigh-in will commence the morning of August 7th as the benchmark for the following weigh-ins to be take place bi-weekly after that until February 5th. We will be comparing weight loss percentages with benefits for the winner and penalties for the loser. The overall winner at the end wins the 2 1/2 foot tall personalized trophy we will be commissioning!!

We have a few details to iron out before the start date that we are eager to share with you. We are also planning to run a marathon in Fall 2018, which will be the second part of this challenge.

I created a post here on the myfitnesspal message boards as we all know the power of accountability and competition! So please join us in the fight of for our lives as we battle it out, shed the pounds and run metaphorical and literal marathons!!

Replies

• derek1mg
    Options
    Welcome to TDEC Mr. Black @entropy90! Ready to have your jiggly butt kicked?
  • entropy90
    entropy90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Who is this?
  • derek1mg
    Options
    The future champ. You must be the other guy @entropy90
  • derek1mg
    Options
    It also appears my girlfriend ( @princessbiitch86 ) has decided to join the challenge in her own way. She is already paper thin but has decided to give up candy for the duration of the challenge! Good on ya, love :)
  • entropy90
    Options
    I still don't know who this is but this Ted guy sounds like a real champ. I would be careful he is definitely going to win this.
  • derek1mg
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Enough spewing nonsense Ted, you're drunk. And at 6:36 am I might add. Well I have the rules we discussed last night for everyone's (just you and I, @entropy90 , at this point) viewing pleasure...
  • derek1mg
    edited August 2017
    Options
    THE RULES:

Weigh ins to take place bi-weekly Monday mornings starting August 7th, 2017.

We will track and log calories and exercise through myfitnesspal and mapmyrun.

The first leg of the competition will last 26 weeks. This will include 13 weigh ins with the last one on Feb 5th, 2018, the day after Super Bowl Sunday.

We will compare weight loss percentage as opposed to total pounds.

There is a carrot for winning the biweekly challenges and a stick for losing.

Derek's carrot: @princessbiitch86 gives him a back massage. Derek's stick: Eat a head of uncooked broccoli.

Ted's carrot: Gets to spend some time at the range. Ted's stick: Some of his disposable income goes towards savings.

On February 5th, whoever lost the most weight percentage is the winner! A beautiful trophy is the reward as is being greeted by the loser as "Your Grace" or "Your excellence"

The loser has to sing karaoke to a song of the King's chosing

SECOND LEG OF THE CHALLENGE

We will be both training for a marathon in Fall 2018. One's individual progress is not compared to the other's.

The weight loss King gets to sets periodic fitness challenges that BOTH must do.

Upon completing a 5 mile, 10 mile, 15 mile, 20 mile and 26.2 mile run, the competitors will earn a martial arts belt to wear or proudly display somewhere.

The Marathon! Both will compete in the same marathon and the one with the overall best time gets treated to a very very expensive steak dinner paid for by the loser.

We have also set individual goals for ourselves such as cutting down on coffee (Ted), quitting smoking for good (me), and maintaining overall better life habits. If anyone has any comments or suggestions on our challenge, we would love to hear it. Good luck Ted! (at Karaoke :smile: )
  • entropy90
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well this is all very exciting! In order to prepare myself for the endeavor ahead I have commenced Operation Food Fight. Over the next 72 hours I will consume my weight twice over in assorted food stuffs. Looking forward to never eating again.
  • princessbiitch86
    princessbiitch86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay guys... today is day one. Dinner was great last night. I weighed in this morning. . I had an apple.. and then a donut(that's not candy)
    Lets do this! !!
  • derek1mg
    Options
    Thank you for the tips @Orphia! This is definitely a longer competition and one that requires steady discipline so I appreciate the insight. Ted has been known to jump into starvation mode which is not sustainable for the 6 month duration.

Also, congrats on losing 80 pounds and good luck with your marathon!
  • niccibf
    niccibf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Following- you guys crack me up! MFP can be a depressing place to be on a weight loss journey sometimes- so I appreciate the laughs. Good luck!
  • Mojame9
    Mojame9 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a proper challenge thread.
    I'd like to suggest a non weight loss measure of success. Example. Biggest reduction in 5k time? Or biggest increase in max plank time
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Mojame9 wrote: »
    This is a proper challenge thread.
    I'd like to suggest a non weight loss measure of success. Example. Biggest reduction in 5k time? Or biggest increase in max plank time

@Mojame9 Awesome suggestion!!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eggs Ted, eat eggs! Great protein and help turn off that tap :D

Subscribing just for giggles- Good luck gentlemen, keep it a clean battle. No spiking each others tea with sugar etc or replacing their sugar free soda >:)>:)>:)
  • Mojame9
    Options
    derek1mg wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement @princessbiitch86! The last supper at the buffet together was a nice way to kick off the challenge. Can't wait to see all of our progress!

So this morning we had our benchmark weigh in. Due to Ted's poor choice to eat a raw oyster at the buffet last night, his initial weigh in is a bit less than intended. Although this puts him at a disadvantage for the first segment, his weight loss is off to a running start!

"And away they go... on the way-out wacky races!"

Haha. Was the idea of the buffet to have a super high SW to give you a negative head start? Clever...

• entropy90
    Options
    Wow just checked thus out after a couple days MIA. Love the response. Unfortunately you will all have to enjoy Derek's "sense of humor" for I am lacking one of those. Anyway @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld unfortunately I have a weak spot for eggs.... like I've been known to eat six for breakfast every morning. I am trying egg whites as a substitute. @Mojame9 neither of us are that intelligent to think of the positive outcomes of our binge. Well Derek isn't. Also like the idea of non weight loss based challenges. Although I might feel bad about watching Derek fail at something else.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to have Dominos deliver to Derek's house everyday this week?
  • Mojame9
    Options
    Real fighting talk!
    Sabotage will be interesting. But beware. Revenge is a high calorie dish best served cold!

If you can resist I'll need tips. I shopped the edge of the Mart to avoid temptation yesterday!
  • entropy90
    Options
    So I lost 15lbs since last wiegh in.... how's it going Derek?