Motivation, emotional eating

Options
When I was in high school I was 115 lbs and 5' I will be finishing college in December and now weigh 150 lbs. I am not adjusting well to trying to lose weight and get in shape and cut back on calories. How I look and feel now kills all of my motivation. And I cant seem to control my hunger, cravings, and need to fill myself with food. I know how to lose weight, based off all of the blogs, forums, websites, magazines, success stories etc. I just need small tips and motivation. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• mabelmedio
    mabelmedio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying, you gave me some great things to think about and do. <3<3
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging. I'm starting again after reaching my goal before, and then quitting logging. Just focus on keeping an accurate log, and maybe once you start to see results you will be motivated to stick with it. I don't have much motivation this time around, either. Just stubbornness, and that's ok.
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Drinking water usually curves my hunger, I'm sure you've heard it 100's of times, but if you stick with it, it will really start to work :smile:
  • ameena19
    ameena19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Drink hot tea to help with cravings! Hot water with lemon will help with cravings! If you crave things during the day, take healthy snacks with you to work. Eat small meals throughout the day, that will help with hunger. Think about what you eat too. For example some foods fill you up more than others. You need accountability, that will help. I hope this helps!
  • drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth! I never want to put Doritos into a minty mouth.
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat. That right there helps curb unconscious grazing. The good the bad the ugly. .. Log it all. It's a gift to yourself. After a couple weeks you will see yourself making changes. Remember. .. you are worth it.
  • Deeaygee45
    Deeaygee45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly how was described. Thanks all your comments helped more than one person today. I'm going to try the water one.
  • lydia4462
    lydia4462 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate...when I'm at my worst weight, I tend to get depressed about it and that kills my motivation. In order to feel better I stuff myself with food. Then I feel even worse. Currently none of my clothes fit comfortably and I'm envious of friends who have self control. So, I'm taking baby steps and secretly celebrating my day to day success. I tell no one, but smile on the inside when I feel empowered. "Just for today" is my motto. So far so good on logging but tomorrow I better step up the activity.