Keto and Intermittent fasting

Options
Hey y'all... Anyone here doing the same diet as me?

Replies

• GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto but not really fasting. I do the 16/8 fast without actually trying to do so. It's been my eating schedule since I was a lazy teen.. I didn't realize it was a fast until yesterday.
  • bouncinlikeatigga
    bouncinlikeatigga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been following the keto diet for 50ish days. Trying to stay under 20g carbs a day. I haven't purposely tried fasting but I have had a few days where I wasn't hungry and didn't eat. I plan to try fasting more often when I have a better handle on the diet. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yep. Keto, trying to stay under 25g net carbs, and fasting roughly 8pm until 1pm. Which basically means skipping breakfast...
    So far, so good!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm an intermittent faster (18/6) but no keto yet. I'll probably be implementing that next week though. I've been reading up on it for the last couple weeks. Sounds promising.
  • DocRobT2DLCHF
    DocRobT2DLCHF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm keto, have been for almost 5 yrs due to diabetes. I've just recently started fasting. First every other day, and at 3 pm today it will be 72 hours on my first extended fast. I've lost 34 #'s since 5/29.
    Add me if you'd like.
  • CLBalderston
    CLBalderston Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doing intermittent fasting here 20/4. Great results, been going for approximately 4 months now.
  • jadedchef
    jadedchef Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been keto for over a month and a half and officially starting to do the 16/8 protocol for a week, then switching to 18/6 for a bit, then adding a 36 hour fast a week until I get my blood test done and can see my doctor and planning to do two 36 hour fast a week if all goes well.

Good luck to y'all!
  • Drkj3
    Drkj3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do intermittent fasting and I love it. Feels like I have so much more energy during the morning hours when I do it. First couple of days to start it are tough but gets so easy once you get dialed in
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting! Love it, I do 19/5 because my fiancé is active duty and I never know when he'll be home!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So I don't know exactly what a Keto diet is. I looked it up but there's so many different explanations. I read a low carb high fat diet, what does your meals and eating normally consist of?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carb daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Fwiw, there are many members of the above group that also do IF.
  • jadedchef
    jadedchef Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Last Tuesday was my first trial at a 42 hour fast and it was a big success and will do that again weekly for now on. The rest of the week I follow the 16/8 protocol and must prefer eating this way than 3 times a day.
  • Ruthy161
    Ruthy161 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do IF 16/8 every day of the week and do a 24 hour at least once a week, usually 2 though.